Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Cell Line Development & Protein Expression
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2988190821
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Cell Line Development & Protein Expression, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Biotherapeutics Development department of Janssen R&D is seeking an ambitious Scientist to join the Cell Line Development group located in Spring House, PA. Janssen R&D discovers and develops novel solutions to support the unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular disease. Our group specifically generates cell lines that produce large molecule therapeutics in support of the fast-growing pipeline for these various disease areas.
You would conduct laboratory experiments to support development and characterization of cell lines expressing the highest quantity and quality therapeutic proteins.
• Developing mammalian cell lines secreting complex proteins
• Cell culture development for all protein therapeutics
• Genomic engineering
• Building novel expression systems
• Evaluating and developing new cell biology, molecular biology, or equipment technologies to improve protein yields and shorten timelines
• Participating in projects from Lead Optimization to New Molecular Entity declaration within a cross-functional environment
• Crafting experimental design, data analysis, troubleshooting, providing thorough training and mentorship to colleagues, contributing to project teams, and maintaining detailed records.
• Work closely with many other teams at Janssen, so you should have excellent communication skills and want to be part of a team
• You will develop into a supervisory role and may perform other duties as assigned.
• PhD in Biological sciences, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 1 year of relevant research experience in one of the following areas: CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, Cre-Lox or FLP-FRT recombination, medium development, automation/robotics development, lentivirus or AAV production, or cell culture/process optimization is required.
• Mammalian protein expression experience is required.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and connect with different functional groups and people in multiple levels is required.
• Excellent social, organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Our highly dynamic environment requires you to have a strong work ethic, expect change, and be creative.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)