Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Electrical Engineer (Quality)
Requisition ID: 2985180604
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (Quality) to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the J&J Vision brands brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
In this role you will work collaboratively with R&D on the new product development team. This is a technical role in the Quality organization that requires prior hands-on experience working as an electrical engineer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with R&D Engineers to review all electrical aspects of capital equipment.
- Provide independent feedback on PCB designs produced by R&D.
- Facilitate risk management activities.
- Support R&D with the design and development of simulators for V&V testing, and for the development of Test Fixtures for use during Manufacturing.
- Support R&D as they develop Hardware Detailed Design Specs.
- Identify root causes of issues.
- Develop test scenarios based on documented architecture, requirements and designs.
- Represent Quality Engineering function during audits
- Ensure alignment to regulations, standards and internal policies/ procedures.
- Review requirements for correctness, completeness and testability.
- Review trace matrix to ensure that the mapping is accurate.
- Develop Test Protocols, Test Cases and Test Reports.
- Ensure that documented evidence exists to provide a high degree of assurance that specific design and processes will consistently and continually produce a product that meets specifications and critical to quality attributes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- A Graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years of related work experience is required.
- Experience with designing and testing PCBs, and knowledge of their manufacturing is required.
- Expert-level hands-on usage of LabVIEW is required.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (Medical Device, Aerospace, etc.) is preferred.
- Prior experience supporting the development of Capital Equipment, which is operated using software, is required.
- Hands-on experience with driving risk assessment sessions is required.
- Experience developing test strategies for verification and validation, and managing defects is required.
- The ability to draft Test Protocols, Test Cases and Test Reports is required.
- This position will be located in Santa Ana, CA and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)