Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 2969180206
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Process Engineer located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
- Conducts validation studies on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements all qualification activities of new and/or improved manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Performs validations, and project engineering activities for complete project or portions of major projects to optimize or transfer manufacturing processes.
- Provides day-to-day troubleshooting and technical assistance to the site operations.
- Complies with J&J Safety Requirements and ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- Develops, monitors, and effectively uses control charts and operational indicators, such as OEE, downtime, yield, and drives improvement actions as needed.
- Effectively manage resources allocated to assigned projects to meet quality, financial, EH&S, and product / process improvement targets.
- Create and participate in a work environment in which change is embraced and collaboration is the foundation of success.
- Assist in new and existing process and equipment design.
- Execute Process Excellence projects directed toward Design Excellence of new products, as well as Lean / Six Sigma of both new and existing processes, including but not limited to safety and ergonomic improvements, quality improvements, cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Prepare oral and written technical and progress reports regarding projects.
- Utilizes applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Support Manufacturing Equipment Excellence including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Science (BS) Degree or equivalent in Engineering Discipline; BSME, BSChE, BSEE preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience OR zero (0) years’ experience with a Master degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Experience with Minitab is preferred
- Knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Experience in leading and managing projects and milestones preferred.
- Desire practical, first-hand experience successfully applying lean manufacturing tools with documented improvement project completion.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Quality System Regulations (QSRs) preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical problem-solving methodologies is
- Training in Process Excellence/Six Sigma tools and methodologies and Certification preferred.
- Current Certified Engineer preferred.
- Knowledge of SP and DOE is required.
- Ability to initiate and manage change as well as build effective teams across manufacturing and support areas in multiple facilities is required.
- Ability to work in stressful/fast paced environment is required.
- This position is based in Cornelia, GA & requires up to 10% domestic travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)