Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 2966180206
The Neuroscience Team at the Janssen Pharmaceutical Research & Development, LLC in La Jolla,
CA is looking for a Scientist to join the Neuroscience medicinal chemistry group.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Our La Jolla, California site is currently looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals for positions within the Medicinal Chemistry team in the Neuroscience therapeutic area.
The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for the design and synthesis of potential drug candidate molecules directed towards the discovery of medicines to treat neuropsychiatric diseases, including disorders of mood and cognition.
· Conduct state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques.
· Maintain a close interaction with the biologists/pharmacologists, the computer assisted drug design group, and pharmaceutical development scientists.
· Be expected to remain conversant with the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence.
· Possess strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
• A PhD in organic chemistry is required with 0-3 years postdoctoral experience is preferred.
• Experience with synthetic organic chemistry is required.
• Experience with medicinal chemistry is preferred.
• This position may require travel up to 10%
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)