Johnson & Johnson Careers
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW - MICROBIOLOGY
Requisition ID: 2959180926
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon US LLC, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Post-Doctoral Fellow in the R&D Microbiology department, located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies. Ethicon represents $3.5 Billion in sales across key surgical platforms (Energy, Endo Mechanical, Wound Closure and Biosurgicals). Specialties include support for treatment of bariatric, colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon-Endo Surgery was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
- This Postdoctoral Fellow position will be responsible for the development and execution of innovative vitro/ex vivo microbiology infection models that advance the replacement of animals used in biomedical research.
- Perform basic and applied research in medical device microbiology pertaining to biofilm formation and control on medical devices, antimicrobial resistance, and bacterial virulence and pathogenicity.
- Collaborate with internal Ethicon and other J&J associates to further the Company’s capabilities in understanding and producing antimicrobial and anti-infective products.
- Coordinate and collaborate with academic centers of excellence to enhance the capabilities of the laboratory.
- Train lab associates on new techniques
- Author/present manuscripts, posters, or other professional publications.
- Contribute to Ethicon’s intellectual property.
- Research, purchase, and install equipment as needed to further Ethicon’s research capabilities.
- A PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or other scientific discipline is required.
- Training in environmental, clinical, or industrial microbiology is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience in the translation of in vitro to in vivo models of infection is highly desirable.
- Experience using whole-cell and molecular techniques to address questions of antimicrobial resistance, bacterial virulence, or biofilm characteristics is highly desirable.
- Experience in confocal microscopy, AFM, or other advanced imaging techniques is highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to work in a project-driven, collaborative team setting in the medical device industry is required.
- Up to 10% travel (domestic and international)
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)