Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 2950180604
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join their team in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This position will be dependent upon the successful conclusion of the transaction between DePuy Synthes and Medical Enterprises Distributors, LLC.
The Senior Quality Engineer applies intermediate Quality Engineering/Scientific Method techniques and principles to daily tasks and activities. In this role, you will apply relevant regulations, standards, and industry best practices to assignments and will plan and conduct project and assignment with technical responsibility or strategic input. You will also receive intermittent, moderately detailed instructions from technical Quality leaders at different levels, in addition to other business partners.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Applies various tools and methods (for example, Six Sigma, Lean) to identify and realize new product or process introductions as well as process and business improvements
- Applies various risk management and risk mitigation tools and practices (for example, mistake proofing, critical control points, failure mode, and effects analysis)
- Conducts or contributes to the reliability assessments of product design
- Contributes to root cause investigations using various problem-solving techniques and tools, and assesses effectiveness of corrective actions
- Conducts, and supports the development of, test methods in equipment, process, and product qualifications/validations
- Ensures that process Quality control plans are in accordance with product risk level and are consistently followed
- Implements, and/or maintains, production and process controls using appropriate techniques (e.g., process capability measures, statistical process controls, process performance metrics)
- Participates in technical reviews as appropriate
- Supports execution of strategic vision or plan by collaborating with other quality leaders to identify required Quality Engineering skills and competencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical/scientific field is required
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience is required
- Intermediate knowledge of Quality Engineering/Scientific methods and techniques is highly desirable
- Fundamental technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes is highly preferred
- Proven project management and project leadership experience/abilities are preferred
- Expertise in measuring techniques (for example, mechanical, optical, gages, automation) is highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying various tools and methods (for example, Six Sigma, Lean) to identify and realize new product or process introductions as well as process and business improvements is highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying various risk management and risk mitigation tools and practices (for example, mistake proofing, critical control points, failure mode, and effects analysis) is highly preferred
- Experience with Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Power tool development is highly desirable
- Knowledge of/experience with Production and Processing Systems is preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with Qualification and Validation is preferred
- Expertise in Product Design Support is preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with Quality Statistics, Data Analysis and Tools is preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with Product Control and Disposition is preferred
- Expertise in Product Development Support is preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with Technical Transfer & Scale Up is preferred
- Knowledge of/experience with Predictive Analytics / Reliability is preferred
- This position will be based in Warsaw, IN and will require up to 20% travel
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and constantly growing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)