Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Operations Packaging
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2949180927
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Operations Packaging located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Manager, Operations Packaging provides strategic and tactical direction to the Fort Washington Plant Packaging Team to ensure that Safety, Compliance, Customer Service, and Continuous Improvement goals are achieved. This position is responsible to execute short-term production objectives ensuring proper and compliant utilization of personnel, equipment, and raw materials. This position will develop recommendations and solutions required to resolve identified obstacles. The Manager, Operations will translate broader business goals and objectives (OGSMs) into an executable plan for the Packaging Department. This position will manage the supervisors and professionals on the Fort Washington Plant Packaging team as well as provide leadership and ensure alignment with other site teams including Planning, Quality, Technical Operations, GTO, and Maintenance. This position will partner with the Cross Functional Team to align on priorities and ensure appropriate resource allocation to support Fort Washington’s growth and continuous improvement objectives.
The Manager, Operations Packaging will:
• Be responsible and accountable for ensuring packaging operations are completed in a compliant and safe manner.
• Demonstrate strong working GMP knowledge. Communicate and identify GMP gaps.
• Identify and coordinate audit and inspection roles. Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in facility Audits and Inspections. Interact with regulatory agencies.
• Provide guidance to the training department in creating department training materials, establishing curricula and setting trainer qualification requirements
• Act as an approver on investigations.
• Approve SOP and relevant quality documentation
• Have exposure to and working knowledge of electronic batch records and automated processes/systems.
• Have a working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems.
• Maintain an understanding of critical aspects of the product, component and labeling requirements.
• Proactively identify, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for continuous improvement. Facilitate team identification and resolution of these opportunities.
• Lead periodic reviews of packaging area portfolio, efficiency improvements, key performance indicators and gaps.
• Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including presenting information and responding to questions or complex inquiries from groups of employees, managers and internal customers.
• Prepare and manages the department operating budget in alignment with site goals.
• Translate company strategy into appropriate executable plans for the site packaging team members while providing direction, prioritization, decision making, and development opportunities
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Engineering, Science or Business is preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of professional business experience in required. Experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing functions is preferred.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Consumer Packaged Goods sites is preferred.
• People management experience is required.
• Experience in managing safety, compliance, customer service and cost implications is preferred.
• Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations is required.
• Audit management experience is preferred
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, Training, and/or Certification is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to interact, motivate and lead individuals at all levels within a matrix environment is required.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, with a process and data driven orientation is required.
• Ability to effectively drive employee engagement and continuous improvement is required.
• Ability to interact with government agencies regarding regulations, audits, filing, and corrective action plans is required.
• Ability to develop, coach and guide a leadership team in the execution of strategies and realization of functional and company goals is required.
• This position is located in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 5% of domestic travel.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)