Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineer in Print, Process Development and Commercialization
Requisition ID: 2949180604
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Engineer of Print, Process Development and Commercialization to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Engineer of Print, Process Development and Commercialization, performs engineering and scientific functions involving product and process improvement and supports the transfer of new equipment, new test methods and new products. Ensures that new materials introduced into the business perform to their target CTQ’s. Takes a leading position in coordinating efforts to ensure designs hit their target. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
In addition, the individual is expected to perform the following to support the Beauty Platform:
- Partner and support the Beauty Platform and engineers where needed with lens fabrication and testing during prototype development.
- Develop print specifications, create/update appropriate documents, and performs process improvements on the Pilot Line and Commercial Platform as applicable.
- Design and verify new parts, track orders and inventory for the Beauty Platform.
- Perform research, test method development and document prototype development in technical reports for the Beauty Platform.
- Manage and execute special projects as directed by management.
- Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- Participates in the identification, planning and execution of projects.
- Supports the qualification of new materials, tooling, and equipment.
- Performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet government standards.
- Supports the successful scale up of designs transferred from the Design team.
- Designs experimental protocols.
- Develops and implements new materials.
- Provides training and support to personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two (2) year of related experience is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in an FDA environment is required.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Statistical design and analysis of experiments is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL and will require up to 25% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)