Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 2936180628
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
This position serves as a single point of accountability and responsibility for delivering quality, safe, compliant and productive workplaces with a high touch customer service orientation. Responsible for ensuring the delivery of maintenance operations: troubleshoot, repair and maintain operations equipment supporting manufacturing and packaging processes.
The Maintenance Manager provides management, direction and resource allocation necessary to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain operations equipment supporting manufacturing/packaging processes. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for, but not limited to: developing and implementing standardized operating processes, procedures, and practices for the maintenance team; providing strategic leadership for maintenance excellence program and partnering with manufacturing and engineering to provide optimal life cycle costs for operations equipment.
The incumbent will work closely with manufacturing/packaging business units and Finance in the development and control of business strategy and plan, make decisions and provide direction to ensure uninterrupted service, act as technical lead and partner with Engineering and Quality group to ensure compliance and product quality.
• Manage maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair, calibration, reliability, spare parts, work order planning and control, metrics, CMMS, asset criticality assessment, asset replacement plan,
• Develop site customer relationships with business units and serve as their maintenance single point of contact, understand their strategies and expectations and translate them into workplace and business service solutions.
• Ensure efficient delivery of site maintenance operations, calibrations, project delivery, utilizing an effective balance of internal employees and service providers
• Provide leadership and guidance to both internal employees and service providers in decision-making processes that drive customer value
• Develop and monitor operational budgets for both internal and contracted resources; responsible for operational performance of service providers
• Understanding of and complete accruals to support development of budget reports
• Ensures that all site Maintenance and Calibration personnel liaise closely with relevant EHS professionals to ensure compliance with all regulatory and local EHS requirements.
• Ensure compliance with good commercial, laboratory and manufacturing practices, and other regulations
• Implement business continuity plans, cost saving initiatives, and reliability programs
• Establish and monitor maintenance operational budget. Participate and compile statistics in the preparation and control of department operating budgets. Plan for capital and operating funds necessary to support current and future business needs
Support Project Development and Delivery teams on capital and infrastructure projects. Interface with business units and contractors during planning and implementation of projects.
• Devise and deploy the Maintenance Excellence program (JJPS) at the site level. Supports the implementation of Lean Manufacturing; 5S; Process Excellence (Six Sigma) methods
• Where appropriate, actively participate in Site governance councils
• Work with individual operation managers/supervisors to develop consistent, reliable practices to deliver high quality, productive, safe workplace environments.
• Provide change management leadership to implement Maintenance strategies and reliability initiatives at the site
• Establish a high performance and continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required; within engineering or science capacity preferred
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificate (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred
• 8 years of leadership experience; pharmaceutical and/or OTC manufacturing environment preferred
• Direct maintenance or manufacturing supervisory experience is required
Knowledge & Technical Competency Requirements:
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues
• Capable of making effective executive management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related disciplines and key activities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills required
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)