Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Associate Director Scientific Communications Lead, GI, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Serve as a key scientific lead for assigned asset(s) within the GI TA, providing editorial, scientific and strategic expertise
- Function as an expert writer for assigned documents within the GI TA
- Be responsible for oversight of content quality for publications and presentations within their assigned asset(s) in the GI TA as well as reviewing all project related content for message accuracy and consistency
- Build working relationships with partners, clients and KOLs including meetings and teleconferences
- Be responsible for delivery of publication plan for assigned asset(s) in the GI TA
- Act as a contributing writer for abstracts, posters and manuscripts, and oral presentations.
- Provide direction, oversight, and feedback to contractors and/or vendors.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal (biostats, global medical affairs, R&D, Med Affairs TA leads, medical writing and communications team) partners/authors and external (key opinion leaders, principal investigators) authors:
- Ensure timely dissemination of high-quality publications on R&D clinical trials by contributing to strategy as well as planning and driving execution of publications and data presentations
- Collaborate with other internal and external authors to strategize on concepts for secondary publications
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with internal (commercial and medical affairs) and external (authors and opinion leaders) partners to understand data presentation and publication needs
- Collaborate with Global Medical Affairs Lead (GMAL) and biostats, analyze and interpret clinical study data for abstract/posters, presentations and manuscripts
- Collaborate with biostats and R&D/MA leads as needed to prepare complete data packages for publications
- Coordinate communication with internal and external authors through entire process to facilitate timely publication development.
- Maintain knowledge of all clinical study data for assigned TA by participating in meetings where protocols, top line results, study reports and submission documents are planned and reviewed
- Attend Clinical Development Team (CDT), Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT), and Strategic Publication Team meetings as needed
- Remain current with both internal J&J and external publication guidelines and ensure team adherence to publication procedures
- Collaborate and support therapeutic area medical writers and medical communication professionals and provide guidance on appropriate target meetings for data presentation and journals for manuscript publication
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of related (pharmaceutical) work experience is required or Master’s degree with 6+ years related (pharmaceutical) work experience is required
- People and vendor management experience required.
- Self-starter, diplomatic, good management skills in moving projects forward and handling a high volume of work while meeting deadline is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, conflict management and problem-solving skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to work/lead in cross-functional environments, demonstrated ability to partner with scientists, academicians, and clinicians, service oriented, and detail oriented is required
- A minimum of 2 years publication planning experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience writing publications in a CRO or pharmaceutical setting is required.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)