Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
R&D Scientist, Biosurgery
Requisition ID: 2932180205
The Biosurgery platform in The Ethicon Franchise, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Research & Development Scientist position located in Somerville, New Jersey.
From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The R&D Scientist will conduct and support research efforts in the field of Hemostats and Sealants. This individual will work with other R&D scientists and engineers to design and test prototypes in a regulated medical device product development environment.
- Individual will develop concepts and designs for surgical products, including products to control bleeding or seal leaks in surgery.
- Conduct experiments and perform biochemical and analytical laboratory procedures including protein chemistry, microscopy, spectroscopy, enzyme assays, electrophoresis, western blots, and moisture analysis.
- Record data and observations in laboratory notebooks in GxP compliance manner.
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results, prepare technical reports and present results to project teams and management.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies.
- Must comply with safety and GLP guidelines including maintaining up-to-date training, following SOPs, maintaining equipment, and proper documentation of lab notebooks and logbooks.
- Candidates must have completed a Master's or Doctorate degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biomaterials Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related technical field. A Doctorate degree is preferred.
- For Candidates with a Doctorate degree, at least 1 year of previous industry experience is required. For Candidates with a Master's degree, at least 3 years of previous industry experience is required.
- Understanding of protein biochemistry and biochemical characterization methods is required.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is required
- Experience in working in a team-oriented environment that embraces change, risk, and flexibility is required
- Proven problem-solving skills using analytical technologies is required
- Proficient in use and application of commonly used software including word processing, spreadsheet, statistical, graphics, and database software is required
- Experience with at least one statistical software for study design and data analysis, (i.e. Minitab, SAS, SAS JMP, SPSS, etc.) is required
- This position is located in Somerville, New Jersey, and may require up to 10% travel
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)