Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Software Engineer - Big Data
Requisition ID: 2916180604
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer to join our data engineering team in Providence, RI. This person will provide a leadership role on the development of applications for a range of Johnson & Johnson’s businesses. This role involves working on a cross-functional Agile team and programming in Java and/or Python and using SQL for data development. The individual is responsible for technical leadership, research, iterative design, experimentation, and software development.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Proficiency with Java or Python and other common programming languages is required. An interest in Scala and functional programming is helpful.
- Proficiency with SQL is required. Significant experience working with relational database systems is required.
- Experience with Business Intelligence development is desired.
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end solution delivery of applications using structured data is required.
- Knowledge of working with unstructured data on a data lake platform is useful.
- Experience with Linux-based systems required. Strong working knowledge of command line tools is needed.
- Ability to code in common scripting languages such as bash is required.
- Strong working knowledge of ETL tools and techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in using visualization tools like Tableau and Qlik preferred.
- Experience integrating Data Lakes with relational databases like PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift or Teradata would be strongly valued.
- Experience documenting best practices and enforcing strong governance in a team is needed.
- A commitment and passion for continuous integration, unit tests, and using automation to ensure stable deliverables is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team that is both co-located and remote.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and quickly growing startup-like environment.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Development processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, git/Bitbucket, Confluence or equivalent tools is preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery strategies and build tools like Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience with data lineage, data profiler and metadata management tools and processes is preferred.
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones.
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to mentor and be mentored.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or similar is preferred. Equivalent experience working in software development/IT will be considered.
- 6+ years professional software development experience is our preferred benchmark for qualified candidates.
Ability to function as part of a team is required. Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is required. Collaboration skills and the ability to build strong win/win relationships with partners are required. A results and performance driven attitude with strong sense of accountability and drive to get results is required.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)