Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Procurement IT Infrastructure Category Lead
Requisition ID: 2910180723
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently
recruiting for a Senior Manager, Procurement - IT Infrastructure Category Lead.
The position will be based at a J&J location in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly- based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Procurement IT Infrastructure Category Lead will be responsible for leading an IT Procurement organization in support of approximately $300 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This portfolio of spend is of variable complexity in nature, and requires comprehensive and consistent collaboration with key business partners within the Johnson & Johnson Technology Services organizations – as well as with additional stakeholders across Global Procurement and various operating company organizations – to effectively manage . This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities, and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. The successful candidate will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business, and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects in the areas of IT Infrastructure (End User, Mobility, Print, Collaboration technologies and Help Desk).
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of J&J’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic IT suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement's goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics.
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- A minmum of a bachelors degree is required.
- An MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required.
- 3 years of people management experience is preferred
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management) is required.
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills is required
- Comprehensive expertise covering one or more of the following supplier domains is preferred: Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Conferencing and Collaboration technologies, Mobile device technologies, Personal Computers, Digitization, IT Consulting and Help Desk services
- The ability to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary is required.
- The ability to demonstrate sound judgment in developing new approaches and resolving existing issues is required
- The ability to show strategic thinking is required.
- Prior project management experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information.
- Ability to continuously improve the organization and lead crossfunctional teams is required
- Ability to travel up to 15% international and domestic.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)