Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Research Scientist-Immune Oncology Translational Research
Requisition ID: 2896190820
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Principal Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Immune Oncology (IO) Translational Research group is seeking an experienced immuno-oncologist to develop and execute key aspects of Janssen’s translational efforts directed towards the clinical development of novel immune therapies across multiple areas of disease focus.
The incumbent will provide scientific leadership in preclinical and clinical translational research programs with a focus on immune oncology. To this end he/she will be expected to develop strong collaborations and influence across the Oncology Therapeutic Area, leveraging expertise in the Discovery and Clinical organizations as needed. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to develop scientific collaborations external to the organization to develop novel insights from clinical samples into disease biology and segmentation. Details of the role include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement the translational strategy for the compound, participate in the compound development team and pertinent working groups
- Guide working groups to implement IO translational strategy and manage ongoing programs and projects
- Develop, implement, and deliver on translational collaborations and projects, including initial proposal development, planning timelines and resources, monitoring milestones and final deliverables
- Work closely across groups and functions to explore novel indications and new drug combinations for compounds in clinical development
- Communicate project deliverables to the leaders across the Oncology therapeutic area (TA) leaders, and other senior governance groups when necessary
- Interact and liaison with internal experts, external experts, academic groups, and CROs to establish collaborations and projects
- Fulfill regulatory responsibilities including preparing, updating, and finalizing preclinical sections for regulatory documents that contain data from preclinical projects and collaboration
• Ph.D. with experience in immune oncology is required.
• At least five years of applicable translational, biomarker or clinical trial and research experience is required, preferably in an industrial setting.
• Strong publication record in immune oncology is highly preferred
• Familiarity with the techniques common to translational research including, but not limited to, flow cytometry, genomics, proteomics and importantly, data analysis.
• Relevant experience in clinical trials, early drug development, drug discovery or biomarkers is required
• Experience in managing multi-faceted projects and programs is preferred
• Strong communication skills are required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)