Johnson & Johnson Careers
Research and Development Intern (Jan 2020 4 Months)
Requisition ID: 2895190820
Start Date: January 6th 2020
Duration: 4 Months
Johnson & Johnson's brands are household names in Canada and around the world. In just about any home in the country, you?ll be able to find a J&J brand: Tylenol®, Neutrogena®, Johnsons Baby®, and Acuvue® to name a few. At J&J, our organization is focused on innovation and bringing real value to Canadian consumers in the health care industry, as a leader in Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Healthcare and Medical Devices. Our McNeil Manufacturing Plant located in Guelph is looking for a current student to join us on our mission as a Research Assistant Co-op for a 4-month work term.
This position will provide the candidate with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, from product concept to formulation through to production and sale. Working within the Pharmaceutical Research and Development department, the incumbent will provide support to any and all aspects of the refinement and development of new and existing products. The key job functions may include exposure to any of the following: new technology evaluation, analytical method development and/or validation, accelerated stability testing, support to process development and/or validation.
- Maintain equipment and lab in good order in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Handle disposition of chemical waste according to government regulations.
- Prepare various solutions for sue in analytical testing.
- Determine physical parameters of products.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed.
- Ensure integrity of laboratory glassware.
- May conduct sample analysis of products using standard analytical techniques (HPLC, UPLC, etc.)
- Miscellaneous tasks as required by project owners.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program and eligible to complete a 4 month co-op term at our Guelph manufacturing location (McNeil).
- Preferred majors: Sciences - Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering.
- Must have completed at least 1 analytical bio-chemistry related course and comfortable working in a laboratory environment.
- Proven ability to work independently without continuous feedback.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and communication skills.
- Someone who takes initiative, can think quickly and knows when to seek assistance will be successful in this role.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel are required.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)