Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Developer, Healthcare Technology Center (1 of 2)
Providence, Rhode Island
Requisition ID: 2895180614
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Software Developer to be part of a dynamic, creative, and highly visible team building software for our commercial and R&D lines of business. The position will be located at the Healthcare Technology Center in Providence, RI.
The Healthcare Technology Center is an innovative facility located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island focused on testing and building emerging digital technology in an Agile environment. Software development, user interface/experience, analytics, and mobile application development teams work together on a wide variety of projects in a collaborative environment.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
The Software Developer will play a key role in developing Johnson & Johnson’s Digital Experience across brands, electronic media, and software delivery channels with a focus on software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development. The developer should have experience with object-oriented programming principles, enterprise integration patterns, and agile software development practices – including scrum and test/feature driven development. He/she should have extensive experience with digital technologies: Web Application Development, Web Services and RDBMS systems.
- A minimum of a BS Degree is required, preferably in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 2 years of broad IT experience in web and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Object Oriented design and programming experience, including, but not limited to C++, Java, and C# is required.
- Experience with open source repositories (git) is required.
- Experience with various unit testing frameworks and being an enthusiast on unit testing is required. Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, query languages, and ORMs is required.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies and a great teammate mentality is preferred.
- Experience with mobile development is preferred.
- Experience with API Gateways is preferred.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)