Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 2887180205
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Janitor with flexibility for 2nd and 3rd shifts, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Janitor will be responsible for:
- Performing janitorial duties in those areas in which bargaining unit employees work within the facility and the restrooms designated for their use.
- Spray wax, buff, strip and re-wax as assigned.
- Cleaning machines, walls, sweep and mop floors and wash windows as assigned.
- Performing cleaning duties in order to maintain the assigned areas.
- Operating sweepers, buffers and floor maintenance machines. Trains and instructs others in classification as required.
- Moving janitorial material and inspect equipment as required.
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of equipment, general housekeeping, and 5S activities within their work areas.
- Reading, comprehend and apply processes, criteria and required procedures.
- Performing the job in a safe and environmentally compliant manner by complying with all safety and environmental rules, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Six (6) months of Janitor experience is highly preferred.
- Familiarity and experience working with computers and Microsoft Office is required.
- Candidates must have a strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to clean and work with basic maintenance of equipment, general housekeeping, and 6S activities within their work areas.
- The ability to occasionally lift boxes up to 25 pounds is required.
- This position is subject to shift bumps. The selected candidate must be able and willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in Warsaw, IN and is not eligible for relocation.
- This position is needed to meet short-term production demands at our unionized manufacturing site in Warsaw, Indiana. Successful applicants will be hired as regular full-time employees with the Company, and are subject to lay-off or recall under the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)