Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader - Mold Services
Jacksonville, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition ID: 2881180926
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader - Mold Services located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Manufacturing Support & Services group includes functional areas such as Spare Parts, Mold Services, Raw Materials Warehouse, Preventive Maintenance, Formulations, Repackaging, and Calibrations. The Support & Services group provides the resources required for successful operation of 24x7 core manufacturing. The Mold Services function within this group is responsible for the injection mold tooling that is used to support the core contact lens manufacturing business. The Mold Services group builds, services, and troubleshoots injection mold tooling. Additionally, the Mold Services group supports the core business with respect to mold tooling troubleshooting.
• This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and supervision to the Mold Services group.
• The candidate will utilize their knowledge and expertise with injection molding tooling to provide value added consultation to the core contact lens manufacturing business in terms of uptime, yield, and reduced variation.
• The candidate will utilize their knowledge and expertise with injection molding tooling to help provide an improved future state for the Mold Services group that allow for gains with respect to efficiency and customer service.
• The individual will work closely with other engineering disciplines in the application of troubleshooting of equipment and processes.
• Supervises the adherence to safety, environmental, quality and regulatory policies & procedures.
• Provides training, coaching, and supervision to technicians in order to maintain, service, and troubleshoot injection molding tooling.
• Coordinates teams of technicians as necessary for completion of projects.
• Identifies and revises safety, regulatory, equipment, and process training documentation.
• Develops and implements equipment and process improvements that will improve safety, quality, and yield / uptime.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• This individual will support a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. A degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in project management is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience is required.
• Experience with an injection molding tooling or high precision equipment background are preferred.
• This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
• Candidates who possess experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industries are preferred.
• Candidates who possess Six Sigma/Process Excellence/Lean certification are preferred.
• Up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)