Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Global Competitive Intelligence, Hematology
Requisition ID: 2880180601
Janssen Global Services, LLC is recruiting for an Associate Director, Global Competitive Intelligence, Hematology located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
You will be responsible for providing commercial and scientific intelligence support to Oncology early and late-stage R&D, L&A, strategic marketing, and business development teams for Hematological Malignancies.
Primary business partners include but are not limited to Global and Regional Marketing staff, Medical Affairs, R&D, Regional Business Analytics, NBD, Global Market Access & Pricing, Supply Chain and Finance.
The functional scope of this position includes:
- Work closely with commercial and scientific counterparts to provide integrated scientific and commercial competitive insights as well as collaborate with business development/L&A partners to help identify and conduct due diligence of early stage opportunities.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the key scientific, clinical, regulatory and commercial issues in Oncology and apply this knowledge to develop competitive insights.
- The individual will need to communicate timely, critical scientific and/or competitor intelligence with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Insights would include but are not limited to in-depth analysis and profiles of key competitors as well as opportunity/market assessments. Primary intelligence is also a critical part of this role, which would include Medical Congress/Meeting coverage (attendance, development of coordinated strategies and plans for coverage, development of “playbooks” [i.e., comprehensive summary of key abstracts/posters/presentations and intelligence objectives], coordination with discovery and clinical scientists, leadership of team debriefs).
- As part of a global team this individual will also need to coordinate efforts with Regional and Operating Company in-line intelligence, market research & forecasting colleagues to create synergies, share knowledge, develop trust and ensure alignment.
- This position will report to the Director Analytics, Hematology DAS with a dotted-line report to the Director, Competitive Intelligence Functional Excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 7 years of business/competitive intelligence, market research or related analytics (forecasting, finance, sales analytics, medical information) experience is required OR An MBA or other advanced degree (Pharm.D., MD, PhD) with 3-5 years of business/competitive intelligence or related analytics experience is required.
- Direct Oncology experience is preferred.
- Leadership, project and process management to drive business results is required.
- Working knowledge of key secondary resources to gather intelligence is required.
- Ability to gather, analyze and translate scientific and commercial information into actionable intelligence is required.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively across functions/organizations is required.
- Must be able to influence and impact others through building and defending arguments.
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal, and organization development skills required.
- This position is based in Raritan and will require domestic and international travel as needed.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)