Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Exploratory PK/PD and Toxicokinetics
Requisition ID: 2877190820
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Exploratory PK/PD and Toxicokinetics located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Exploratory PK/PD Scientist primarily engages in understanding Pharmacokinetics (PK), Biodistribution, and PK/PD relationships of novel biologics during early discovery and development through IND for indications within oncology, immunology, cardiovascular/metabolic disease, neurology and infectious disease.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply PK/PD modeling concepts and assess basic research on PK, target engagement, receptor occupancy, antidrug antibody and ADME for biologic drug candidates
- Design stage appropriate PK/PD and biodistribution studies to improve our understanding, and support decisions on the design of novel biologics and lead candidate selections. Interact with internal research teams and external providers to implement such studies
- Work in close association with mechanistic PK/PD modeling group to design state of the art experimental studies to facilitate development of mechanism-based modeling and simulation to derive first in human and efficacious dose projections.
- Work closely with Bioanalytical Sciences colleagues to determine strategies and obtain data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including discovery, biophysics, toxicology, and bioanalytical groups and others, to ensure knowledge exchange and integration for the success of the programs.
- Represent translational PK/PD group on multiple discovery and development biologics programs including for novel modalities such as Bispecific T-Cell Engagers and CAR-Ts.
- Contribution to relevant sections of internal and regulatory submission documents for biologics.
- Presenting and publishing scientific data at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- A PhD or Pharm D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Biological Sciences, or related field. 0-2 years of industry experience for the Scientist, and 2-4 years of industry experience for the Senior Scientist position.
- Extensive knowledge in PK, PK/PD and related properties for large molecule therapeutics is required.
- Strong ability to understand complex mechanistic PK/PD models is required. Hands on experience with at least one commonly used software tools (Eg: Phoenix WinNonlin, NONMEM, or others) is highly preferred.
- Hands on biodistribution experience is preferred.
- Strong experience in oncology and immunology is preferred.
- Strong publication record is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)