Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, HTS Assays
Requisition ID: 2874190820
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, HTS Assays located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This position supports Janssen Biotherapeutics R&D through the development of cellular and biochemical assays and subsequent screening of biologic therapeutics. The scientist in this role will be at the forefront of discovering new therapeutic biologics to treat cancer, infections, autoimmunity and metabolic diseases.
- Initiate and perform assay development/optimization and screen/characterize panels of potential biologic therapeutics
- Collect and collate results and inferences and report to project team and senior colleagues
- Collaborate effectively with fellow project members following priorities, checkpoints and timelines in support of objectives
- Independently rework experiments/analyses based on interpretations and conclusions
- Review the proper operation and maintenance of current laboratory equipment and analytical instruments
- Test standard procedures to provide recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of technical reports, patent applications and manuscripts
A bachelor’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree with 5+ years of applicable experience in Biology or Pharmacology.
Experience and Skills:
- Broad knowledge & experience in assay development and optimization
- Cell culture expertise
- Strong proficiency in data analysis
- Ability to interpret results and design follow-up experiments
- Effective communication skills
- Flow cytometry experience
- Experience with multiple screening assay formats
- Familiarity with the use and programming of laboratory automation systems
- Proficiency with molecular biology techniques
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)