Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd shift)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2873180926
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd shift) based in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and QSR requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Responsible for pro-active people management and talent development. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs.
• Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
• Develop corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits.
• Foster a team environment within the department, Business Unit/Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
• Ensure timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and accountability for meeting objectives and taking an active role in project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans).
• Conduct sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
• Maintain the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments.
• Reviews and signs process sheets for accuracy and correctness
• Ensures preventative maintenance is conducted on a regular basis
• Work closely with Engineering and Planning functions to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Works with Engineering to develop appropriate set up and lay out of equipment and cleanliness of general work areas.
• Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance in accordance with Business Code of Conduct.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; Focus degree in Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible hands-on experience in manufacturing or related operations required
• Minimum of two (2) years of direct supervision experience is required, with four (4) or more years preferred.
• Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment required
• ISO9001 and/or ISO13485 preferred.
• Experience with NCR process, CAPA and/or other quality system components required
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools required
• Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred
• General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and/or Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) preferred
• Demonstrated experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc) preferred
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to drive talent development required
• Demonstrated project management experience required
• Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8) preferred
• This role will support 2nd shift between hours of 2PM and 10:30 PM, Monday-Friday, and will require occasional work outside of normal shift hours.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)