Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, X-ray Crystallography
Requisition ID: 2867180926
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, X-ray Crystallography, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Lead Discovery group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical starting points needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, HTS, and structural biology coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Scientist, X-ray Crystallography.
The Senior Scientist will:
- Be responsible for crystallization of protein-small molecule complexes and determination of high-resolution structures by x-ray crystallography
- Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists and protein NMR scientists as part of an integrated structural biology effort
- Bring in-house innovative structural biology technologies
- Be a member of drug discovery teams, working closely with computational and medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design approaches for small molecule agent optimization
- Contribute to multidisciplinary Fragment-Based Lead Discovery (FBLD) efforts
- Contribute to increase the structural biology scientific expertise of the group by publishing high-impact research papers and establishing academic collaborations
- Mentor lab scientists and contribute to the strategic planning of the Structural Biology group
- Ph.D. or equivalent with postdoctoral experience in structural biology (x-ray crystallography or protein NMR) or a related field is required
- Deep scientific expertise in structural biology is required
- Strong experience in both protein crystallization and high-resolution structure determination is required
- A minimum of 5 years of drug discovery experience with a record of important contributions to programs is required
- Experience in Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) utilizing x-ray crystallography is required
- Strong record of external publications and presentations is required
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills is required
- Experience in scientific programming (Unix shells, Python, Perl), and ability to work with the latest relevant software packages and in a mixed Linux/Windows computational environment is preferred
- Research experience in biophysics, biochemistry, molecular pharmacology, and protein sciences is preferred
- Research experience in cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) and other novel structural biology technologies is preferred
- Line management experience is preferred
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Inflammation, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)