Johnson & Johnson Careers
Provincial Sales Manager, Health Care Professional (Contract)
Requisition ID: 2864180926
Johnson and Johnson Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is recruiting for a Provincial Sales Manager, Health Care Professional role located in the Greater Toronto Area, to cover accounts in the GTA and Northern Ontario. This position is a 12-month contract role.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson & Johnson Inc. our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BANDAID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE®, BENYLIN® NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, Johnson & Johnson Inc. employs approximately 400 people and is supported by a manufacturing and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
The Provincial Sales Manager, Health Care Professional is responsible for developing partnerships with key stakeholders to identify, shape and implement smoking cessation programs that leverage best practice insights and improve system efficiency and patient outcomes. Working in conjunction with consumer marketing, professional marketing, as well as market access and government affairs, the Provincial Sales Manager will also be accountable to activate customized high value programs to drive growth.
Primary stakeholders include hospitals (in and out - patient programs), public health units, family health teams, community health centres, addiction agencies, nurse practitioner led clinics, aboriginal health access centres, pharmacists and other targeted healthcare professionals (HCPs).
The Provincial Sales Manager may also be called upon to support other key needs state such as pain by identifying, assessing and implementing pain management programs in various health care settings.
The individual will be highly motivated with a demonstrated track record of identifying and developing new customers and key opinion leaders (KOLs) as well as developing and implementing innovative customer partnerships. They will have the ability to network diverse healthcare stakeholders and create alignment to design programs which drive results and reflect key objectives for all in the solution. They will also have an excellent understanding of the healthcare system for the assigned geography and an ability to quickly understand the relevant drivers / motivators to identify opportunities.
- Identify and develop KOLs and key stakeholders within the priority need state.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to shape and deliver customized, meaningful programs.
- Facilitate product utilization via system/program enhancements.
- Identify and map emerging trends and insights with new innovations, new thinking or new competitive investment in the smoking cessation space.
- Develop, exhibit and maintain a high degree of knowledge regarding the need state, competitive landscape, industry trends and the healthcare landscape that impacts program support and funding, share best practice insights with key stakeholders, and provide introductions and engagement opportunities where appropriate.
- Partner with KOLs to deliver value-added education to healthcare professionals (grand rounds, continuing medical education, in-services, lunch and learns, etc).
- Align with internal partners including consumer marketing, professional marketing, as well as market access and government affairs on plans and align to priorities and budgets.
- Support the business planning process as a key contributor by providing patient and customer insights relevant to the need state priority.
- Identify and support key conference and association meetings.
- Effectively influence and communicate/collaborate across internal functional areas as appropriate to ensure that broad-based solutions are developed in support of programs.
- Support the National Sales Manager when Request for Proposals (RFPs) are issued in assigned geography.
- Identify opportunities for cross-collaboration within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
- Manage budgets against programs.
- A minimum of a University degree is required, preferably in health sciences or business.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience interfacing with HCPs is required.
- Experience in developing customer partnerships and implementing innovative programs is an asset.
- Experience in strategically identifying, developing and contracting KOLs is an asset.
- Business to business sales experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in the identified provincial healthcare environment and infrastructure (i.e. formulary/ private/public payer systems, public health facilities and other government funded healthcare programs) is an asset.
- Strong digital acumen with a solid understanding of its relevance in the healthcare space.
- Demonstrated ability to work in white space to shape a market or program.
- Demonstrated ability to segment customer groups.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and entrepreneurial abilities coupled with problem solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Ability to develop and implement creative/innovative ideas.
- Strong knowledge of Continuing Medical Education process is asset.
- Knowledge of the Canadian and provincial regulatory environment, particularly Rx&D guidelines & formularies is asset.
- This position is located in the Greater Toronto area and requires travel to accounts in the GTA, Eastern and Northern ON.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)