Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Enterprise Supply Chain Operations Communication (Medical Devices)
Requisition ID: 2858180926
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Enterprise Supply Chain Operations Communication to be based in one of our Medical Device facilities located within the United States.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager will partner with Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain (JJSC) and Medical Devices (MD) Communications teams to proactively identify and drive internal and external opportunities to elevate the Sector and Enterprise-wide Supply Chain narrative. The Senior Manager will also serve as a strategic counselor and active member of both the Ethicon and CSS Supply Chain Leadership Teams, a member of the Ethicon and CSS Communications teams, and as a member of the JJSC Enterprise Communications team.
• Partner with the Ethicon and the Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions (CSS) Supply Chain Leadership Teams and Franchise Communication Leaders to develop and drive an integrated external and internal communication strategy to achieve shared objectives of the business units.
• Lead escalations and issues management for the global Ethicon and CSS Supply Chains.
• Drive a sustained focus on superior product quality, safety, operational excellence, innovation, customer value, and customer trust through effective, high-impact communications.
• Develop Ethicon and CSS Supply Chain strategic communication that connects and elevates innovation and customer centric solutions, while engaging and motivating employees at all levels to deliver on both their Supply Chain and aligned business priorities.
• Provide senior-level, strategic communications counsel and support to aligned Ethicon and CSS Supply Chain leaders to drive engagement.
• Manage media/liaise with Government Affairs for issues and site events across Ethicon and CSS in close collaboration with regional/local communications team and/or site leaders.
• Lead change management for key network optimization, complexity and organizational change efforts for Ethicon and CSS Supply Chains, globally.
• Continuously assess the ever-changing landscape of the internal and external manufacturing network and adjust communication needs across the network accordingly.
• Utilize Enterprise Supply Chain and Regional Communication networks to proactively showcase Supply Chain internally and externally through appropriate mediums (media relations, speaking engagements, partner Town halls, etc.)
• Drive network of liaisons to support manufacturing site/campus level communications.
• Serve as an active member of the Enterprise Supply Chain global communication network to develop enterprise-wide plans, processes and templates.
• Leverage Enterprise J&J Communications to amplify the Enterprise Supply Chain “story’
• Manage regional consultants and resources as needed to support the development and execution of Supply Chain communications strategies
• Bachelor’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Communications is preferred
• Master’s Degree or Advanced Degree is preferred
• Minimum eight (8) years of experience in corporate communications or related field is required
• Experience with change management is preferred
• Ability to develop communication strategies and actions is required
• Experience in the Medical Devices environment is preferred
• Experience working in a global function is required
• Experience working in a matrix environment is required
• Ability to effectively manage multiple competing projects and priorities is required
• Experience monitoring and managing site-related issues and crisis management is required
• High degree of independent judgement and decision making is required
• This position requires up to 25% domestic and international travel
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)