Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director of R&D, Digital Surgery/Robotics
Requisition ID: 2852180601
The Director of R&D, Digital Surgery/Robotics (Ethicon) is responsible to lead and deliver platform solutions across robotics instruments in order to meet technical and business requirements. This includes leading and working with internal and external teams. Technology focus areas include but is not limited to robotics, systems engineering, controls/software engineering, and cleaning & sterilization.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Develop training & skill upgrade program for team members.
- Assess efficiency of product development systems, develop & implement improvement plans.
- Work with senior management to develop product and portfolio strategy to optimize business success for the short and long term.
- Work extensively with external entities under novel organizational and funding constructs.
- Due diligence and onboarding of external assets
- Participate in development of company business systems & work environment.
- Develop & train associates to the present & future core competencies of the company.
- This individual will partner extensively across the organization to define products that truly delight the customer.
- Develop overall product development plans & budgets and ensure execution to plans & budgets.
- Ensure team leaders develop achievable work plans & contracts to execute product development & acquisition projects while meeting the overall customer and business needs.
- Ensure appropriate intellectual property protection is sought.
- Supervise formation of optimal cross-functional and cross platform teams and work closely with them
- Ensure projects are executed properly & achieve market success.
- Balance flow of resources among projects & maintain project priorities.
- Provide on-going constructive feedback & coaching to team leaders to develop their skills & value.
- Support corporate Vision & Mission statements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science in and Engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical, systems or related discipline) combined with 10 years of experience in Engineering Product Development in a highly-regulated environment (e.g. aerospace, automotive) is required for this role.
- A proven track record of successfully bringing products from concept to market on schedule & within budget is required.
- Proven track record of integrating diverse technologies and solutions for a seamless customer experience is required
- Ability to develop platform technologies that span multiple use cases is required
- Management experience of cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Demonstrated maturity & leadership ability is required.
- Software and/or systems engineering experience is a plus
- Medical device experience is a plus.
- Leadership in building productive technical and business relationships both internally and externally is required.
- The ability to manage for both the long term and the short term is required.
- Being able to collaborate effectively in a cross functional environment is required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others is a must.
- This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 30% travel (Domestic and International).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)