Johnson & Johnson Careers
Mold Services Technician I
Jacksonville, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition ID: 2847180926
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Mold Services Technician I located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Support manufacturing by servicing the injection mold tooling used on the production lines. Mold service includes assembly, disassembly, preventive and reactive maintenance of the injection mold and subcomponents – offline and online, required to deliver production ready molds within tolerance and on time. These positions also support projects to drive continuous improvement. Performs all work with adherence to GMP, EHS, and Quality procedures.
• In this position, incumbents receive close supervision and their main job duty would be visual inspections using microscopes, basic Preventive Maintenance, and simple repair of equipment.
• Capable of learning basic mold maintenance techniques, including ultrasonic cleaning systems.
• Must be capable of working to tolerances of +/- .025mm, +/- .001 inch.
• Must meet established department productivity, quality, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Must have math skills to include, but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, decimals, as well as the ability to convert between standard and metric measurements.
• Basic PC skills: Microsoft Office and internet.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Deliver production ready injection molds.
• Preventative mold maintenance.
• Emergency response for IMM machine troubleshooting and mold repair.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Inspect and/or service up to 100 molds per day.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
• A minimum of 2 years college in technical discipline or equivalent industrial experience emphasizing injection molding, mold fabrication, electro-mechanical, or tool and die fabrication is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of equipment maintenance or manufacturing experience within a high volume production environment is preferred.
• Candidate must be able to work a continuous operations day (6 am to 6 pm) or night shift (6 pm to 6 am) schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
• Capable of using a variety of measuring and inspection devices (ANY OR ALL: microscope, multimeter, height gauges, micrometer, calipers, BRASS II, etc) to verify dimensions and quality is required.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
• Ability to prioritize projects and tasks, handle multiple tasks, good organizational skills, ability to work in an empowered work team environment is required.
• Talking, repetitive motions, inside environmental conditions, walking, pulling, lifting (up to 23 lbs), grasping, visual acuity, reaching, pushing, or standing is required.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)