Johnson & Johnson Careers
MANAGER RELEASE TRAIN ENGINEER
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2838190426
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of general surgery, orthopedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, J&J Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for J&J Digital Surgery Agile Release Trains and Scrum teams. You will closely partner with the scrum masters, product managers, product owners and architects to ensure software delivery success and will facilitate the Agile Release Train events and processes. You will communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. You will influence Digital Surgery lean Agile culture of decentralized decision-making, self-organizing teams and objective-orientation.
• Manage and optimize the flow of value through Scrum teams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
• Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Program and Team Agile ceremonies
• Facilitate Team and Program Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs.
• Facilitate the PI planning event
• Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
• Coach teams and ARTs on effective use of Agile & Scaled Agile Framework methodologies and tools like JIRA and JIRA Align in planning, execution and retrospectives. Coach teams & ARTs to shape healthy Feature and user story backlog with sizing and economic value assessments.
• Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings: Agile Team level ceremonies, ART sync at the Program Level and Demos.
• Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE), Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
• Help manage risks and dependencies; Escalate, rack and solve impediments
• Improve the flow of value through solution value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
• Work as part of the Digital Surgery Lean Program Management Team leading program execution and operational excellence initiatives
• Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in engineering, technology or business administration is preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience is required.
• Experience working in a regulated industry, Life Sciences, Medical Devices or Consumer Health Industries is required
• Certified Scrum master and safe release train engineer certification required
• Experience leading Scrum of Scrum Agile Ceremonies or RTE experience is required.
• Experience working in an Agile organization using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model is preferred.
• Experience in Regulated Industry GXP & CSV Validation & Testing
• Strong technical/business aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software is preferred.
• Ability to succeed as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, start-up culture
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences across business and technology.
• This position will require working in-person or virtually with team members located in various locations and time zones.
• The position may require 20% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)