Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Senior Marketing Manager – GFO North America, Cough & Cold and Digestive Health
Requisition ID: 2818180601
Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for an Global Senior Marketing Manager – GFO North America, Cough & Cold and Digestive Health to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Cough & Cold Care is the second biggest need state in the J&J Self Care (OTC) business - a $24Bn category globally, with J&J in the top 5 global manufacturers, offering a broad portfolio of solutions across the Cough & Cold sub need states Multi-Symptom, Head, Cough, Sore Throat and the rapidly-growing area of Naturals. Our portfolio exists of well-known and powerful global brands like Tylenol Cold®, Sudafed® and Benylin® in markets like the US, Canada, China and the UK, and a number of local jewel brands, holding strong position in markets like Spain, Australia and Russia.
Digestive Health Care is the fourth biggest need state – a 20Bn$ category globally, with sub need states in Diarrhea, Constipation, Indigestion and Restoration. The business has the strong global power brand Imodium® - being global Diarrhea market leader and present in > 80 markets, as well as more regional or local brands like Pepcid®, Microlax®, Motilium® and ORSL® in markets like US, Russia, China and India.
Both businesses have strong growth expectations, with the GFO defining the global growth agenda - to drive growth in existing markets via strong equity and communication strategies and a differentiated innovation pipeline, as well as defining global strategies to expand into new markets and/or new contingent business areas.
The Global Senior Marketing Manager, GFO North America Cough & Cold and Digestive Health plays a crucial role to enable growth in the North America region. Hence, it is important to have a very good understanding of the local US and Canadian market environments to provide strategic support to grow the local business as well as help shape and implement the global strategy based on NA-specific insights. The Global Senior Marketing Manager, GFO North America will also work on NA-specific projects or global projects that have a focus on NA. The Global Senior Marketing Manager, GFO North America will also be an active member in NA leadership meetings, as well as represent the region in global meetings.
- Lead and/or support a number of NA regional Innovation projects, as well as global projects with specific focus on NA - spanning across both New Product and Commercial Innovation (e.g. Up-Claims). This will involve working closely with cross-functional partners (for example R&D, Regulatory, Medical, Finance) and developing positioning, claims, pack design/graphics and activation strategies. As part of this, supporting projects through the internal governance process, involving Senior Management approval.
- Specifically on Cough & Cold, co-lead with the local teams the entry strategy into a new market and consumer segment in NA, incl. defining and aligning with Senior Management the optimal business model and launch strategy in the US. This will include the development of launch claims, new packaging, and the high-level influencer, PR and shopper strategy.
- Act as regional GFO point person for North America on Cough & Cold and Digestive Health, working closely with US and Canada Commercial Squad teams to ensure deployment of global strategies and strategic support on regional/ local challenges and opportunities. Also, represent North America in global leadership forums to help shape the global Equity and Innovation strategy.
- A BA degree is required. Master in business or marketing specialization preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of Marketing experience in progressing leadership roles and proven track record in CPG or OTC/HealthCare environment required
- Experience working in a local US or Canada marketing role is required
- Experience in a regional role is preferred
- Experience in OTC or other highly regulated environment is highly preferred
- Experience in initiating and completing marketing projects – from identifying winning consumer insights to developing related growth strategies and to delivering tangible projects and successful executions, is required
- A high level of analytical and problem-solving skills, autonomy and financial acumen in making effective business decisions is required
- Effective collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills are required
- Experience of Digital marketing is required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)