Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 2814190820
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of The
Johnson & Johnson
's Family of Companies,
is recruiting for a Facilities Technician,
located in Lancaster PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
- The primary purpose of the Facilities Technician position is to perform a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, operational and maintenance duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of all Facilities/Utilities equipment. To provide support for facility-related projects, as required, for all equipment involved in the batch manufacturing of over-the-counter products under current pharmaceutical safety and cGMP guidelines.
- Complete GMP training on time
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that are perform
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace
- Adopt a behavior of employee involvement and dedication to doing the job right the first time
- Operate, upgrade, perform preventative maintenance, and repair all facilities/utilities equipment throughout the plant (HVAC, USP water, process pretreatment plant, dust collection, mechanical systems, electrical systems, piping systems, fire systems, boilers, building and grounds systems, security systems, PLC control systems, and compressed air systems)
- Perform duties including coordination of contract/contractor services for all facilities/utilities equipment, including competitive bid, purchase order generation, hosting/escorting, and permit-to-work
- Administer all activities related with the storage, transportation, and off-site disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and maintain all records
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned area of responsibility including operation and maintenance of systems to meet safety, compliance and expense budget goals
- Provide back-up support to Facility Team members as well as off shift support coverage in accordance with the Facilities Department off-shift coverage policy
- Performs other related duties as required
- High school diploma or its equivalent
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to Lift up to 50 pounds
- Completed and documented formal technical training program of two or more years or a minimum of five years technical work experience
- Excellent social skills
- Specific technical experience troubleshooting, executing repairs, improving processes and performing preventative maintenance while acting in a mechanical, electrical, machinist, electronic or hydraulic/pneumatic capacity
- 3rd shift (10PM to 630AM) is the preferred working shift for this position, but works hours are negotiable.
- Strong mechanical background with an emphasis in electrical and controls including demonstrated ability to program and operate PLC’s is helpful
- Prior experience operating and maintaining utility / facilities systems is helpful
- Proven ability to program and operate PLC’s
- Proven ability to operate machine shop equipment (e.g., drill press, powered band saws, etc.)
- The ability to work in a highly integrated team environment providing strong support to teammates and customers
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)