Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate
Scientist, Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we
are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding
new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us.
We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are
Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn
more at www.janssen.com and follow us
@JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research &
Development, LLC. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology group is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in various disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology, based in La Jolla, CA. Working with project teams across multiple therapeutic areas and sites, this individual will be involved in the discovery & development of next-generation targeted protein degraders as therapeutic agents.
- Be a key member of the Targeted Protein Degradation team within Janssen
- Build, validate and perform biophysical, biochemical, cellular and high content assays to study target engagement, protein degradation and mechanism of action to support targeted degrader projects
- Provide receptor-ligand mechanistic data and analyze biochemical and cellular data to support SAR development and lead optimization
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of protein degradation, ubiquitin and E3 ligase biology, and targeted protein degradation strategies and be a resource for the team and interested TA scientists
- MS with 6 or more years’ experience or BS with 9 or more years’ experience in molecular and cellular pharmacology, biochemistry, or equivalent, is required
- Extensive hands on experience with cell culture, cell line engineering, development of biophysical, biochemical, cellular and/or high content assays is required
- Familiarity with protein degrader strategies is preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Outstanding creativity, productivity, problem-solving and communication skills is required.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Immunology, Neuroscience, Metabolic Diseases, Oncology is preferred
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA, and may require occasional travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)