Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Software Developer, Healthcare Technology Center
Providence, Rhode Island
Requisition ID: 2799180620
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Developer to be part of a dynamic, creative, and highly visible team building software for our commercial and R&D lines of business. The position will be located at the Healthcare Technology Center in Providence, RI.
The Healthcare Technology Center is an innovative facility located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island focused on testing and building emerging digital technology in an Agile environment. Software development, user interface/experience, analytics, and mobile application development teams work together on a wide variety of projects in a collaborative environment.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
The Sr. Software Developer will play a key role in developing Johnson & Johnson’s Digital Experience across brands, electronic media, and software delivery channels with a focus on software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development. The developer should have experience with object-oriented programming principles, enterprise integration patterns, and agile software development practices – including scrum and test/feature driven development. He/she should have extensive experience with digital technologies: Web Application Development, Web Services and RDBMS systems.
- A minimum of BS Degree is required, preferably in Computer Science. A MS degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of broad IT experience in web and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization.
- Object Oriented design and programming experience, including, but not limited to C++, Java, and C# is required.
- Experience with API Gateways is preferred.
- Experience with open source repositories (git) is required.
- Experience with various unit testing frameworks and being an enthusiast on unit testing is required. Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, query languages and ORMs is required.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies and a great teammate mentality is preferred.
- Some modern software development experience, including, but not limited to functional programming, microservices, full stack development, continuous integration, and app containerization is preferred.
- Experience with mobile development is preferred.
- A passion for learning new technologies and working with others and the desire to mentor team members is preferred.
- A results and performance driven attitude with solid sense of accountability is preferred.
- This position is located in Providence, RI and will require up to 5% travel.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)