Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Manager, Leadership Development & Learning Product Line Owner (PLO)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2794180601
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Manager, Leadership Development & Learning Product Line Owner (PLO). This position is in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly- based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JNJ Corporate Business Technology (CBT) is recruiting for a PLO for all Learning & Leadership Development systems. The Learning/Leadership Development IT Technical Manager is responsible for the vision and prioritization of projects and enhancements to Learning & Leadership Development applications, platforms, tools, and all associated feature/function/capabilities delivered in support of the Learning & Leadership Development business Globally. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders across all levels of the JNJ Enterprise in the planning, implementation, deployment of programs and projects.
This position is a key member in helping shape the IT technical strategy development for the Learning & Leadership development Organization. This position is accountable for the end-to-end technology lifecycle of the Learning & Leadership Development Product Line, including the delivery and execution of multiple programs, projects and initiatives, assisting in the strategy development as well as the planning, execution/implementation and operationalization of technologies. The position requires an understanding of Learning domain and concepts which include Learning Management System, Learning Analytics, Mobile, Data Archive, Learning Portal, and LMS Data integrations (e.g. Manufacturing Execution Systems, Document Management systems, and 3rd party applications), Competency Assessments, and Job Description management and how technology enables them.
The individual will manage relationships with Learning & Leadership Development Leaders and interact with cross-sector IT leaders in shaping global IT capabilities for Learning across Consumer, Pharma and MD. The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business partners and 3rd party suppliers/contractors.
• Assist in identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value.
• Partner with the business to identify opportunities for using technology as an enabler to improve, automate, simplify business processes and optimize total cost of ownership. Continuously manage business partner expectations.
• Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
• Partner with the business to understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated program(s)/project(s).
• Works with Learning & Leadership Development, Technical Services, and external Vendors to develop program/project acceptance criteria.
• Understands how to develop financial, resource and time estimates and the prioritization of said estimates.
• Tracks progress of all Learning & Leadership Development product development in the context of strategic investments and operational delivery.
• Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams as well as extended business partners.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
• Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations.
• Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
• Ensure that information and physical security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions, leveraging the appropriate Enterprise JNJ functions as required/needed.
• Financials: tracks all costs related to application and has full understanding of application cost transparency.
• Closely work with Enterprise architect team to implement end-to-end application roadmaps.
• CMDB management – Complete and/or correct inventory of applications available for architecture analysis and project planning; enable accurate and timely service management; support SACM CMDB Data Quality efforts.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
• Hands on experience and/or exposure to Learning business processes, concepts and market trends is required.
• Cornerstone On Demand (CSOD) Learning Cloud is required.
• Experience working in a regulated life-science industry with deep understanding of compliance and testing principles is strongly preferred.
• Experience in matrix-based project teams including internal resources, contractors, and vendors is required.
• Experience in complex global projects, processes and systems is required.
• Experience with modern cloud based application delivery (such as SaaS) is required.
• Business case/value case management experience is required.
• Experience with financial management of IT portfolio/projects is required.
• Hands-on disciplined project management skills are required.
• Working knowledge of core application development principles and SDLC methodology is required.
• Experience with data and analytics; large scale enterprise data solutions and reporting solutions (Tableau, Qlik) is preferred.
• Creative and flexible problem solving is required.
• Demonstrated ability work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment is required.
• Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch) is required.
• Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms and transferring technical knowledge is required.
• Practitioner (e.g. direct hands-on) level experience in agile / agile scrum methodology is preferred
• Practitioner level experience with agile delivery tools (e.g. Jira) is preferred.
• Hands on understanding of Design Principles (User Interface and Business Process Mapping) is preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrix environment around the globe is required.
• IT Service Management (ITIL) experience is preferred.
• Strong background and experience in virtualization, network and other technologies is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)