Johnson & Johnson Careers
Nurse Practitioner, Global Health Services (Part-Time)
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2787180925
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Part – Time Nurse Practitioner, Global Health Services, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization in Fort Washington, PA. This position (0.5 CPT at Fort Washington) will provide “convenient care” of minor non-occupational injury/illness treatment as well as health and wellness advising for Fort Washington’s onsite and remote employees.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly - based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Nurse Practitioner, Global Health Services provides nursing, medical, and integrated services consistent with the policies, guidelines, objectives, and content of the Johnson & Johnson Global Health program. Services are provided under the mentorship or administrative supervision of Health Services & Resources Supervisor and/or Manager and within the scope of the Pennsylvania Nurse Practitioner standards of practice.
The Nurse Practitioner, Global Health Services carries a patient caseload requiring a high degree of independent judgment and advanced skill gained through academic and clinical preparation.
• He/she will provide non-occupational care (including wellness education and counseling) for site employees.
• Episodic care will include (but not be limited to): urgent care/walk-in services (upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal complaints, musculoskeletal problems); routine annual physicals; health education and counseling.
• Review clinical data, laboratory and x-ray results, initiate appropriate interventions, and/or referrals.
• Maintains accurate clinical records, using an electronic medical record system, should have working knowledge and is comfortable in using Microsoft Office program components such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Advises and counsels employees within areas of core competency and makes appropriate referrals (internal and external) when indicated. He/she is expected to follow-up on referrals to ensure treatment is delivered as ordered.
• Provides direct teaching to patients and identifies education needs of staff and may assist in development of programs.
• Participates in periodic NP Program & practice evaluations (customer surveys, trend analysis, etc.) to assure quality clinical practice and demonstrate program effectiveness. The role will also include participation in internal or cross functional projects and teams.
• Assist the clinic Occupational Health Nurses as warranted to ensure efficient operations of the clinic.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in nursing or equivalent education is required.
• Board certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner is required.
• An unrestricted RN and NP license in the state of Pennsylvania required.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience as a professional nurse is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in adult primary or acute care required.
• Must be eligible to dispense and prescribe medications in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are required.
• This position has a primary location in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)