Johnson & Johnson Careers
Portfolio Manager - Global Real Assets
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2787180611
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Portfolio Manager, Global Real Assets to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Benefit Trust division manages a $42 billion global portfolio of assets including equities, fixed income, and a growing need to build out private market strategies. This position reports to the Managing Director, Private Markets. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Managing Director of Private Markets to construct, design and manage a real asset portfolio. The position requires expert investment oversight of sourcing, evaluating, analyzing, executing and monitoring all real assets investments on a globally basis. In addition, he or she will back up the private equity or private credit portfolio managers and collaborate with colleagues covering other asset classes.
- Oversees all aspects of the real assets investment activity including, but not limited to:
- Lead identification of appropriate real assets investments sub-strategies such as real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources. Evaluate a wide variety of investment vehicles – including general partnership stakes, direct investments and co-investments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the investment sourcing, underwriting, diligence and documentation process for primary fund investments, co-investments and secondary investments.
- Manage the development of analyses and materials for the Underwriting and Investment Committee. Able to form and defend well-reasoned opinions culminating in thoughtful recommendations
- Work with operations and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process
- Prepare and present periodic reports, portfolio reviews and other ad hoc requests to investment team and relevant investment committees
- Maintain network with colleagues within the institutional investment community and among the investment manager community.
- Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis, rating and reporting of investments as well as the aggregate portfolio globally. Attend annual meetings and other GP updates.
- Maintain the investment database, including the analysis of portfolio company financial information and ranking of key performance indicators. Mine critical financial and operational data from portfolio company financials and reports.
- Partner with the Managing Director, Private Markets to stay abreast of capital markets conditions, pro-actively identify and research new strategic initiatives and tactical investment opportunities globally
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CPA, CFA or CAIA designations, or progress towards designations preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of investment or finance experience required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant global investment experience (either in the foundation, endowment, plan sponsor, private bank, public finance world or related private strategy experience) required
- Possess a solid knowledge of capital markets globally preferred
- Experience underwriting and investing in private real asset funds and relationship with general partners pursuing applicable strategies required
- Creative and Innovative thinking capabilities and ability to think outside the box required
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in excel modeling and financial statement analysis preferred.
- Direct real estate or infrastructure underwriting experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member, superior work ethic, intellectual curiosity, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment required
- Persuasive communication skills, including outstanding verbal and in written communication skills and ability to influence required
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ and will require up to 30% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)