At Johnson and Johnson Consumer Inc., our purpose is to “Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing consumers with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including; Johnson's ® Baby, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Listerine, Tylenol, Calpol, Nicorette and many more.
We are currently hiring for a Data Scientist to join our team in Skillman, NJ.
On our growing global analytics team, we are looking for someone who wants to shape the future of personalized marketing for healthier more vibrant lives.
The ideal person is passionate about using data science to create more meaningful consumer experiences and reaching the right person, at the right moment, with the right content. They believe that people-based marketing fueled by data is the future of marketing and want to shape new analytics capabilities in a context of purposeful, trusted brands.
The Data Scientist will be a part of the Global team driving Analytics for Personalized Marketing and will partner closely with NA and UK teams. This is a hands-on role responsible for building and adapting transformational algorithms and data mining strategies to enable best in class personalized marketing. You will have a direct impact on media ROI Globally, by enabling more robust data-driven media targeting and more relevant communications. You will shape and deliver best in class data audience segmentation, insights and consumer centricity.
You will have strong collaborative partnerships with multiple other functions: J&J Technology, Consumer & Business Insights, Brand Mangers, and various suppliers.
- Play a leading role in developing sophisticated algorithms and data mining strategies to leverage data for generating insights about J&J consumers
- Develop consumer segmentation approaches and create targeted consumer audiences
- Work with data engineers and visualization experts on optimizing quality and performance of J&J consumer level data assets
- Translate data and model results into tactical and strategic insights that are accurate, relevant, understandable and lead to making better decisions
- Support the business teams to solve complex analytical challenges
- Develop and maintain ongoing data exploratory analyses and quality checks
- Manage, guide and review modeling efforts by J&J analytics suppliers
Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific degree is required; a advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant analytics and data mining and modeling experience is required
- Working experience with relational data base management system and strong knowledge of SQL is required
- Advance to Expert Level knowledge of Python and/or R is required
- Experience with mining and modeling large data sets and applying advanced analytics methods for consumer clustering and segmentation, developing and leveraging consumer insights: path to purchase, CLTV models etc is required.
- Excellent communication skills; experience collaborating with and presenting to internal and external stakeholders is required
- Business acumen, good work ethic, passion for keeping up with analytics and technology trends is required.
- Knowledge of the advanced techniques and tools common to the data science world such as Apache Spark, sparkML, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, XGBoost, Tidyverse, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform is required.
- Experience in marketing analytics, including marketing response modeling and customer segmentation, and experience in online media and the adtech ecosystem is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)