Janssen Supply Chain is recruiting for a Regional Account Director, United States to be located in Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Summary: Develop and deploy Supply Chain strategy, in partnership with Commercial, to ensure that the U.S. market and patients are optimally and efficiently served.
• Inclusive Supply Chain Leader assigned U.S. Commercial Therapeutic Area (TA) Management Team
• Lead and shape Supply Chain market strategy development
• Ensure proactive communication of Janssen Supply Chain issues to TA leadership
• Determined to drive Integrated Business Planning (IBP) maturity and execution
• Committed to improving customer experience and driving innovation
• Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) local market (U.S.) strategy development and execution.
• Represent JSC in commercial teams to facilitate conscious profitable trade-off decisions Issue Management Support and Communication
• Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Support and Executive Review
Janssen Supply Chain Market Strategy Development and Execution
• Support and lead outside-in focus to drive customer excellence
• Execute JSC Customer Innovation process in alignment with Commercial strategy
• Develops a deep understanding of the marketplace and therapeutic areas
• Develops a deep understanding of Commercial strategy and tactics
• Organizes and leads ideation and/or immersion sessions in region to better understand customer needs
• Integrates customer needs, local market and product inputs into JSC/JJSC Supply Chain strategy
• Develops regional Supply Chain (SC) strategy aligned with commercial/customer needs
• Develop SC tactics, action plans and value metrics for defined local strategy
• Monitor and communicate progress of tactics to ensure business success (JSC leadership, Commercial leadership, JSC organization)
• Partner with Office of Strategy and Deployment to develop and validate local market and product reports linked to overall JSC Strategy
Regional Account Team/Commercial Governance and Management
• Leads cross functional account team to develop, align and execute local market/regional supply chain strategy in partnership with Commercial
o Identifies key Supply Chain (SC) / Commercial functional representation• Serves as Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) single point of accountability to Commercial business
o Leads team governance ensuring roles and responsibilities are clarified
o Facilitates and leads the development of the account team project portfolio (including project leader and sponsor)
o Lead the periodic account team meetings and/or strategic forums with Commercial teams
• Engages in Commercial strategic/business planning process to understand strategic direction, product lifecycle management, forecast drivers and scenario plans, and overall Supply Chain implications
• Provides Supply Chain inputs to Commercial strategic/business planning process to shape Commercial strategy and enable business success
• Through Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes facilitates conscious profitable trade-off decisions
• Fosters and develops relationships across JSC/Commercial to enable business success
• Is an active member of Commercial Leadership/Management Boards representing JSC
• Serves as a voice to JSC to influence strategic and tactical response to commercial needs
o Understands supply chain capabilities including cost of services to identify the correct innovative solution to respond quickly to customer needs
o Uses Commercial Partner relationship to bring forward information on Customer requirements and supply chain solutions
Issue Management Support and Communication
• For products for which the Regional Account Director (RAD) is a global Single Point of Contact (SPOC), the RAD will participate as an active member of the Supply Chain Issue Management Team representing Commercial/Customer needs. The global SPOC coordinates with the other RADs of the regions in scope.
• Provide regional market expertise to minimize any potential impacts from major Supply Chain issues
• Manages regional Commercial communications resulting from issue management in coordination with Value Chain Issue Management Leads and Business Quality
• Provide information in support of customer impact analysis, allocation planning, and communication planning
Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Support and Executive Review
• Partners with IBP Director in region on process enhancements and execution of executive reviews
• Support IBP conversations and translate outcome into strategic recommendations.
• Partners with Planning Demand Managers to drive process and business performance (forecast accuracy, LIFR, stock outs, NTS/CD variance)
• Review and challenge demand & sales performance understanding forecast drivers and risk / opportunities
• Lead development and alignment of Balanced Scorecard with Commercial, ensuring integration with IBP steps
• Evaluate regional product portfolio performance and lead necessary action planning
Main Interfaces (interactions) & governance structure
• Commercial: to support strategic planning, business planning, demand forecasting and supply management.
• Strategic and Business Planning process between Commercial/JSC to drive customer focused responses
• Integrated Business Planning to deliver forecast targets, scenario planning inputs, and issue management mitigation/resolution
• Partner with ISC Value Chain Management teams to develop JSC product strategy, address product availability and meet needs of Janssen customers
• Coordinate across internal JSC groups to drive regional Therapeutic Area strategic alignment
• A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Sciences is required. Master’s Degree (MA/MS/MBA) is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years business experience is required.
• Broad experience which translates to a comprehensive knowledge base of the Pharmaceutical operations including manufacturing, planning, marketing, finance, distribution and regulatory structures is preferred.
• Proven understanding of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and/or Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) preferred
• Proven understanding of the principles of finance to include preparation of business case, Net Present Value assessment and development of Cost of Goods standards is preferred.
• Ability to collaborate and partner with resources from different functional groups and at different levels of organization to deliver first class customer service while balancing cost of service is required.
• Concise executive messaging, inclusive and collaborative partner management, and attention to detail is required.
• Experience in SAP & SAP APO (or equivalent Global ERP/ supply chain planning system) is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Janssen business (Supply Chain/Commercial) is preferred.
• Understanding of supply chain capabilities including cost of services that drive innovative solutions and respond quickly to customer needs is required.
• Ability to influence and engage partners beyond functional responsibilities and deliver results is required.
• Excellent verbal and written English proficiency required. Additional languages helpful.
• This position is based in based in Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA and may require up to 15% regional and/or global travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)