Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Clinical Research Physician – Oncology
Los Angeles, California
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 2758171017
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director Clinical Research, Oncology, located in Los Angeles, CA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director Clinical Research, Oncology will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• The Director Clinical Research, Oncology is a member of a matrix team dedicated to the implementation of clinical research studies that are part of a global compound development program.
• The Director supports the Medical Leader/Clinical Leader and provides active scientific contributions to a cross-functional clinical team developing a compound currently being studied for new oncology applications.
• Other functional groups represented on the team include project management, regulatory affairs, global clinical operations, data management, medical writing, biostatistics, medical affairs, clinical pharmacology, and health economics.
• The role requires a high-performing and energetic individual who demonstrates outstanding scientific knowledge applicable to oncology clinical research and the highest personal and ethical standards.
• The successful candidate must be equally comfortable among the team to which he/she is assigned and in the global environment in which the company operates.
• The Director of Clinical Research, Oncology, will be the key physician contact for sites and investigators during site start-up and study execution.
• The Director will act as a liaison between the company and the clinical investigators.
• He/She will develop, in concert with senior clinical staff, credible relationships with opinion leaders. He/She will be providing leadership for Phase 1, Phase 2 and/or Phase 3 studies.
• He/She will be participating in the data cleaning, ongoing medical review, data interpretation and reporting of the results of the research, including submission to health authorities.
• He/She evaluates scientific information and new ideas to assist in identifying new research opportunities.
• The Director supports medical affairs activities involving product evaluation, labeling and surveillance.
• The Director Clinical Research, Oncology reports directly to a Medical Leader/Clinical Leader for the product to which he/she is assigned.
· A minimum of an advanced degree in medicine (i.e. M.D or DO or equivalent) is required.
· A trained Oncologist (Board certified or eligible or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
· Applicable post-doctoral fellowship training is required.
· A minimum of 2 or more years of experience in a clinical research position/clinical research experience, preferably in oncology, within a University/Academia Research setting or within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
· Significant knowledge of basic and clinical cancer research and its application to cancer drug development is required.
· A strong commitment to oncology clinical research and the ability to work well within a team setting are essential.
· Good oral, written communication and presentation skills (including report development) is preferred.
· Successful work experience in a matrix team environment with cross functional teams is required.
· Travel required may be up to 20 % annually (international, as well as domestic).
United States-California-Los Angeles
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research MD