Johnson & Johnson Careers
MANAGER RD CHEMISTRY
Requisition ID: 2750181009
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products) is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection, and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com or follow us at www.Twitter.com/aspjj.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
Advanced Sterilization Products is currently recruiting for a Manager, Chemistry in the Research & Development function located in Irvine, CA.
In this role, the Manager, R&D Chemistry will:
- Lead a team in product and test method development and validation, in support of production commercialization for medical device reprocessing and infection control projects
- Collaborate with Quality, Supply Chain, and Regulatory partners to design, develop and commercialize these products while optimizing the commercialization and validation processes
- Provide support to other programs and project teams requiring chemistry expertise
- Help support lifecycle management activities for our capital and consumable medical device products as well as any associated NC or CAPA investigations
- Collaborate and set expectations with direct reports on compliance standards including monitoring, compliance with the relevant guidance documents, such as from ISO and FDA, and in preparation of documentation demonstrating compliance
- Lead a group of scientists in support of R&D and lifecycle management initiatives
- Lead the acquisition and development of key chemistry talent within the ASP product organizations
- Be responsible for Chemistry laboratory operations in R&D
- Expect to challenge and motivate people to reach their highest potential; create an environment that encourages risk-taking; promote teamwork; encourage others to pursue challenging goals and to challenge the status quo; and foster continuous professional development and career growth of a diverse workforce.
- M.S. in Chemistry or related field with 8+ years of applicable professional experience or Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with 6+ years of applicable professional experience is required
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports with a demonstrated track record of leading and developing high-performing teams is required
- Professional experience in a GxP-regulated industry and understanding of QSR, FDA, and ISO guidelines is required
- Strong understanding of compliance with applicable laboratory and safety procedures is required
- Knowledge of formulation development for surfactants, detergents, disinfectants, and sterilants is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in process development and/or validation for formulated products is preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning and sterilization technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and experience with analytical method development, validation, and transfer is preferred
- Strong track record of scientific publications or patents is preferred
- The successful candidate must be self-driven, innovative, have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and capable of working independently or in a team
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively function in a cross-functional team environment
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and will require up to 15% domestic and/or international travel
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
Ethicon Inc. (6045)