Johnson & Johnson Careers
DELAWARE COUNTY COMM COLLEGE RD INTERN
Requisition ID: 2749190426
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Delaware County Community College R&D Engineering Intern located in Westchester, PA.
DePuySynthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You will use your technology knowledge to support the process of developing trauma orthopedics products.
- You will use Creo 3.0 to layout and/or design surgical implants, instruments, test fixtures. You will contribute to the development of the products by drafting and running development tests.
- You will have an opportunity to work with product development engineers in support of a variety of verification activities including, but not limited to, drawing reviews, tolerance stack analysis, mechanical testing and finite element analysis.
- This position will also provide you with the opportunity to attend cadaver labs.
- Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Engineering students who like to “tinker” and/or work with their hands are preferred. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- You will maintain active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members.
- You will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
You must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the six-month session. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location.
Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Delaware County Community College student in good standing. We are looking for candidates pursuing an Engineering, Associate in Science degree with an emphasis on Mechanical Engineering. We are looking for candidates that are:
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- “Hands-on” engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Technical competencies are highly desirable such as is experience with PTC Creo, mechanical testing, and medical device documentation.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)