Johnson & Johnson Careers
Real Estate Paralegal 3 (Casual Part-Time)
Requisition ID: 2749180926
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Real Estate Paralegal 3 (Casual Part-Time), to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Real Estate Paralegal 3 – Casual Part-Time will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Real Estate & Leasing in the Supply Chain & Procurement Group. As a Real Estate Paralegal 3, you will:
- Assist on a variety of commercial leasing matters, including responsibility for the review and negotiation of various types of leases, lease amendments, estoppels, subordination and non-disturbance agreements and other leasing related agreements.
- Maintain the Law Department’s real property file organization and retention, including ongoing management of the department’s real estate (owned & leased) database and the training of new users on database.
- Provide support to Senior Counsel and the Sr. Manager on real estate disposals and purchases of properties and assist on the acquisition and divestiture of businesses, including handling and overseeing of closing requirements, due diligence review, review of title insurance commitments, title policies, title endorsements and surveys and resolution of issues arising. Aid in the collection of appropriate ownership, entity formation and registration documentation, and review of such documentation to identify and resolve issues.
- Assist in matters related to the negotiation, closing and administration of design, construction and other real estate services agreements.
- Assist department Senior Counsel and Senior Manager on other real estate related projects, as assigned.
- Partner in a cooperative and productive manner with business team members in the above support, including communication of deal risks and in ensuring compliance with company policies regarding legal terms and approval procedures.
- A minimum of an Associates Degree or a Paralegal certification is required;
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- At least four (4) of experience as a paralegal of commercial real estate transactions (including commercial leasing, purchase and sale transactions and related agreements) is required.
- Experience with construction and design contracts, including the American Institute of Architects (AIA) forms, is a plus.
- Knowledge of supporting Acquisition & Divestiture deals is a plus.
- New Jersey commission as a Notary Public is preferred.
- Willingness to become commissioned in the State of New Jersey as a Notary Public is required.
- Database systems experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- A high degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail is required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data management skills is required.
- A self-starter who is analytical, highly organized and can work both independently and as a part of a team is required.
- Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities is required.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required.
- The ability to interface effectively with clients, attorneys and other professionals is required.
- Proven track record of dependability, dedication, and of the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in the handling of work matters.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Legal (Non Attorney)