Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Biologics Drug Product Development
Requisition ID: 2748190820
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, Biologics Drug Product Development located in Malvern, PA and Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Within Drug Product Development of the global Janssen Research & Development organization in Malvern, PA we are offering an outstanding opportunity for an
The Associate Scientist in the Drug Product Development (DPD) group in Bio-Therapeutic Development (BioTD) will be responsible for the design and implementation of business intelligence and information technology solutions to drive research and development of therapeutic proteins and other biologics. Data solutions built by the Associate Scientist will enable researchers in a variety of ways including the streamlining of data storage and retrieval, performing sophisticated data analytics, modeling and simulating manufacturing processes, dashboard creation for actionable decision making, and automated report generation. The developed tools will reside in and be compatible with the existing Janssen IT infrastructure, to allow for further business improvement and leveraging of platform technologies.
The BioTD DPD group generates a large quantity of experimental data related to the formulation and process development of biologics. This includes the development and optimization of the technical operations associated with liquid and lyophilized biologics formulations and manufacturing processes, as well as execution of pharmacy manual plans and stability studies. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Additional responsibilities include:
- Development of web applications using software platforms such as R or Python to perform complex analysis and reporting
- Development of tools to aid in cloud storage, retrieval, and analysis of scientific data
- Design of relational and / or non-relational databases for data warehousing
- Perform technical analysis of project data, including trending of data, and present data to peers and functional management as needed
- Author technical reports and make presentations of technical data
- Collaborate with contacts inside the company including functional line management as well as scientists in related functional areas such as Research and Development, QC/QA, Clinical, Manufacturing, Toxicology, and Regulatory (CMC)
- Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically-derived materials
- Perform her/his duties consistent with good laboratory practices
- Attends in-house seminars and local/regional scientific meetings in own field
- Presents own work to members of department or external consultants as needed
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science or related scientific discipline is required.
- Experience with multiple computer programming languages such as: C++, Java, Python, and R is required.
- Proficiency with R and/or Python is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology experience is preferred.
- Track record of creativity and problem solving. Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)