Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supervisor II, Lab Quality - (Second Shift)
Requisition ID: 2740171017
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Supervisor II Lab Quality (Second Shift), based in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Supervisor II Lab Quality will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Quality Control Associates engaged in sorting, testing, and inspecting products and raw materials in order to ensure compliance with quality standards and production schedules. At this level, the role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to, additional skills, multiple lines/products, diverse teams, etc.
- Implements methods and procedures for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Mentors, trains and supervises the quality control staff.
- Communicates department objectives and metrics. Implements changes in production methods, tooling and equipment, space allocations, workforce utilization, production schedules, lines and other factors required to maintain or improve compliance with quality standards of existing products and to establish initial and continuing compliance with quality standards for new and/or redesigned products.
- Initiates audits to verify that prompt and appropriate actions and associated corrections are taken.
- Provides input to quality control reports, requirements and other information in response to requests for proposals, quotes and other business opportunities.
- Provides input to budget planning process.
- Utilizes cost control initiatives to reduce expenses.
- Performs laboratory testing of raw materials and finished products in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Assures that instruments used in the test methods are calibrated, maintained and operating properly.
- Evaluates new and existing documentation and test methods. Responsible for validating and recommending changes if needed.
- Reviews and validates test results and makes approve/reject decisions for routine samples.
- Supervises laboratory investigations, consulting with others as needed. This includes developing investigative protocols and evaluating and documenting results.
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory inventory to ensure that that lab supplies and standards are ordered as required to support laboratory operations.
- Reviews out of specification results with the QA laboratory manager to determine the method of investigation, corrective action plan and conclusion.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding ways to improve manufacturing processes and increase product quality and delivery while reducing production costs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A focused degree in Chemistry or closely related field highly preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in analytical chemistry is required, preferably in a pharmaceutical, OTC, or cosmetic laboratory.
- Experience in a quality assurance environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of USP regulations in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Experience in a GLP/GMP FDA regulated facility manufacturing consumer or pharmaceutical products is required.
- Experience conducting, executing, and leading investigations is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Position is Second Shift, Monday thru Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
This position is based in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)