Johnson & Johnson Careers
CLS Manager of Distribution Quality and Compliance
Requisition ID: 2725180601
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a CLS Manager of Distribution Quality and Compliance, located in Tobyhanna, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
As the Manager, you will have Quality oversight in product receiving process within the Distribution Center (DC), as well as Quality oversight in disposition of damaged packages (incoming) according to procedures or predefined agreements with Source Company, Franchise, or Marketing Company. You will be responsible for Quality oversight in the following: monitoring of product destruction process, Quarantine/hold/stop-ship/recall processes within the DC, and in pick/pack/and ship operations, including trending of pick/pack/ and ship errors.
• Provide strong site leadership and support the 24/7 operations of the Distribution Center.
• Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders; i.e., Internal includes Franchises and Affiliates and External includes Third Party Logistic (3PL) Partners where applicable.
• Drive innovation within functional area while ensuring functional initiatives are delivered in a compliant, cost-efficient manner.
• Serve as single point of contact to internal and external partners on Distribution Quality related matters and liaise with multiple Quality organizations to drive timely resolution of Quality related issues.
• Identify opportunities to continuously improve quality, cost and time factors, consistent with both Sector and CLS business objectives.
• Quality Management of temperature controlled facilities: responsible for ensuring compliance with monitoring of ambient environment (temperature and humidity as required).
• Oversight for the identification and communication of temperature control excursions occurring within the DC to appropriate partner and for the oversight for the investigation of temperature control excursions and subsequent remediation activities within the DC.
• Review and provide guidance to 3PLs on creation and revisions for their procedures, to ensure alignment with J&J quality agreements, service contracts, and JJSLC procedures and policies.
• Oversight for capture and processing of complaints reported to DC (OS&D Product and Service related complaints) including tracking and trending and for management of service related complaints.
• Escalate all appropriate issues to Director QA, CLS.
• Conduct internal Quality audits of DCs (schedule, plan, conduct, and follow up) and responsibility for oversight of DC facility licenses.
• Co-management with 3PL of all Health Authority inspections (e.g. FDA) conducted at the DC, including reviewing the preparation plan with on-site management.
• Provide overall direction, coordination, structure, and evaluation of CLS-QA Analysts/Specialists.
• Manage team of Analysts/Specialists in the areas of daily and strategic support of DC Quality and Compliance.
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree required; focused degree in Engineering, Life Science, and Technical scientific or related discipline preferred
• Minimum of eight (8) years related experience required
• QA/QC experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Consumer products industry preferred
• Experience with regulatory inspections preferred
• Strong knowledge of FDA 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485, and/or ERP systems required
• Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving, decision-making, and root cause analysis skills required
• Six Sigma, Lean, 5S or ASQ Certification and/or trainings preferred
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) preferred
• Experience with Temperature control Transportation preferred
• People management/leadership experience preferred
• Project management experience and/or PMP/FPX certification preferred
• Experience working with Third Party Logistics/3PLs preferred
• Position located in Tobyhanna, PA and requires up to 25% domestic travel
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)