Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Database Technology Lead within the Technology Services organization. This position is located in Raritan, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Technology - Technology Services manages all IT Infrastructure (architecture, engineering, deployment and support) for the Johnson & Johnson Family of company’s worldwide. The Global Database Technology Lead develops and implements new database solutions that increase business value by introducing new capabilities, improving speed-to-market, improving quality, and reducing overall costs. In addition, this role ensures operational excellence by maintaining a stable, secure, compliant, and highly available database platform. This role requires a mix of strong hands-on technical skills in automation scripting, solution engineering, platform integration, database administration, Agile project management, and communications. The ability to continually adapt, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is paramount.
- Manage and Implement large scale Database-as-a-Service projects, such as automation scripting and optimization of manual processes, to improve speed-to-market, reduce defects, reduce effort/cost, and drive self-service. This includes creation of user stories/requirements, iterative design and POC/experimentation, automation coding, and comprehensive & automated testing.
- Execute Global I/T Strategic Initiatives and act as a Database Domain Expert (SME) to guide and interact with IT and business partners in cross-sector collaboration.
- Perform database design assessments with technical Product Owners to build and deploy standardized database solutions that meet business needs. Understand overall impact of the application to operations and support.
- Complement a high-performance team with your unique talents for innovative cloud solutions, while designing and implementing database solutions in AWS, Azure, and traditional IaaS platforms.
- Possess a full knowledge of day-to-day operations and identify opportunities for improvement, using dashboards and real-time data metrics. Provide guidance to the Managed Service team and 24x7 Level-3 Technical support, on a rotational basis. Drive Root Cause Analysis for problem management and priority incidents, across the full database stack.
- Provide input to long-term service vision and technology/service strategies and roadmaps. Perform proof-of-concept experiments with emerging and developing industry technologies and trends to identify potential business value. Publish Service Standards, Guidelines, and Technology Lifecycle Management Roadmaps.
- Partner with and evaluate external vendors to influence capabilities of commercially available products to better meet J&J needs and align to the strategies. Participate in Supplier-Enabled Innovation (SEI) engagements for technologies, providing feedback and recommendations.
- Maintain an understanding of J&J sectors, businesses, and products and how they best can deploy the database service to maximize value and achieve corporate goals.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all security, regulatory, and quality requirements, and participate in internal and external audits.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on Database Administration (Postgres, Oracle, and/or SQL Server) experience in a large-scale global organization is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a 24 x 7 global support model is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with delivery of Database-as-a-Service, with hands-on experience creating and maintaining scripts to automate provisioning, configuration, and operational tasks is required.
- A minimum 2 of years of experience with Amazon Web Service and Microsoft Azure Environments & Services (IAAS, PAAS, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitoring) is required.
- Knowledge of automation code Ruby/Chef is preferred.
- Proven experience with Continuous Service Improvements, by identifying appropriate service KPI metrics, automating data collection, dashboard reporting, and analysis/action planning is required.
- Professional certifications in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or PostgreSQL is preferred.
- This position is located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)