Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Global Communications
Requisition ID: 2718190509
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global Communications to support its Janssen Pharmaceutical business. This position is based in the NJ area and requires the ability to travel to other Johnson & Johnson locations, as needed.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Working closely with the Executive and Global Communication Leader, the Senior Manager, Global Communication is responsible for supporting the creation, development and implementation of an integrated, employee communication strategy for the global Janssen organization, focusing on key business priorities for both Janssen and the Johnson & Johnson enterprise.
You will work to build awareness, foster engagement and drive adoption of Our Johnson & Johnson Purpose, the Johnson & Johnson Strategic Frame, Our Janssen Promise and the Janssen One global business strategy, highlighting their connectivity and how they all emanate from, and are supported by, Our Johnson & Johnson Credo. Through this work, you will collaborates closely with our internal global network of employee communicators to ensure relevancy and alignment between global and local messages/initiatives.
Are you ready to play a key role in advancing the global organizational communication plan for the Global Leader, Pharmaceutical Communication & Public Affairs (PCPA)? You will work to ensure Communication colleagues around the world are kept informed about business, functional and enterprise priorities, ultimately staying connected and engaged as a global team. In addition, this individual supports the Executive and Global Communication Leader on special projects in support of the Office of the Worldwide Chairman, Pharmaceuticals.
- Help define the next phase of the Global Organizational Communication strategy for the Pharmaceuticals group to keep employees informed and engaged around Janssen and Johnson & Johnson business priorities.
- Collaborate closely with, and build trust among, regional colleagues who have organizational communication responsibilities to ensure proactive planning and overall alignment with global plans.
- Ensure global initiatives and messages are relevant across regions, businesses and functions and can be easily customized.
- Develop communication strategies that strengthen Janssen’s connection to Johnson & Johnson by promoting Our Purpose/Our Promise and highlight how Janssen employees live Our Credo values.
- Coordinate with the Janssen One Communication Leader to help build awareness and drive adoption of the global business strategy.
- Continue to strengthen the Janssen brand and reputation internally and further our One Team approach among colleagues worldwide.
- Play an active role in global communication initiatives and special projects, as needed.
- Working with the Executive and Global Communication Leader, develop the organizational communication plan for the Global Leader, PCPA. Manage implementation of all plan elements to ensure communication colleagues around the world are kept informed about business and functional priorities, and stay connected as a global team.
- Plan and execute global, virtual quarterly meetings that feature internal updates, external perspectives and speakers from outside the PCPA function to keep colleagues informed about all areas of the business.
- Provide communications support on special projects for the Office of the Worldwide Chairman, Pharmaceuticals.
- For both senior executives, support will include writing, key message and presentation development, research and event coordination for internal/external speaking engagements.
- Bachelor's degree in communication or journalism preferred with liberal arts, business and political science majors/minors also considered relevant for the role; graduate study/degree a plus
- 8+ years experience in organizational communication at a global level
- Superior writer with the ability to adapt to the Janssen “voice” and express complex information clearly and effectively
- Adept at distilling strategic plans into practical application, with close attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully engage with colleagues at all levels at the regional, global and corporate levels
- Outstanding project manager with a focus on deadlines and the ability to course-correct as issues arise
- This position is based in the NJ area and requires the ability to travel to other Johnson & Johnson locations, as needed.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey--
North America-United States-Pennsylvania
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)