Janssen is recruiting for a Associate Director Benefit Risk & PE Strategy located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director for Benefit-Risk (B-R) and Patient Engagement (PE) Strategy is a global role that will join the Epidemiology B-R team in implementing and sustaining new processes for structured patient-focused B-R across the portfolio. In addition, the role will support the identification of B-R projects, project needs assessment, software tool development, resource allocation, tracking and communications.
- Support J&J leaders in defining the future vision for patient-focused structured Benefit-Risk (B-R) across the portfolio, and for Patient Engagement (PE) within the Global Medical Organization (GMO). This includes supporting the creation and implementation of the strategy and tactics to achieve that vision:
- Coordinate detailed project planning and apply project management and tracking tools as necessary
- Develop business cases for proposed projects and overall strategic objectives
- Conduct financial planning and manage budgets
- Manage internal J&J resources as appropriate
- Enable and coordinate internal stakeholder collaboration across sectors and functions
- Coordinate external stakeholder collaboration (e.g. patient advocacy groups, private-public partnerships)
- Conduct the Request for Proposal (RFP) and bidding process with external vendors, and manage those vendors who are contracted
- Develop and implement a change management strategy for adoption of patient-focused structured B-R and PE methodologies.
- Support the Epidemiology B-R team in project identification across therapeutic areas, project needs assessment and resource allocation, and project tracking. This includes operational and strategic planning support for the Benefit-Risk Community of Practice and expansion of Benefit-Risk experts to include Medical Safety Officers and others.
- Act as an internal GMO point-of-contact and resource for patient engagement methodologies.
- Facilitate key organizational stakeholder alignment for strategy realization:
- Requires a minimum of a master’s level advanced scientific/medical degree (e.g. MD, PhD, MPH, or other masters level degree). In addition, strategy development experience and/or an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 9 years combined relevant experience in a health care/ clinical/ scientific environment required. At least 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred (inclusive of the total 9 years of experience).
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of principles of drug development, clinical trial methodology and design, medical monitoring of trials, assessment of drug risks and benefits, and safety assessment of drugs both on the market and in development and global safety regulations is required.
- Experience developing cross-functional controlled documents (e.g. policies, SOPs) is preferred.
- Knowledge of patient engagement methodologies within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of benefit-risk frameworks and regulatory policy of both benefit-risk and patient preference studies is preferred
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external customers is required
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)