Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Scientist - Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We have an opening for a Sr. Scientist within our CVM Discovery group in Retinal Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for retinal disease. We are seeking a talented and motivated scientist to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vitro preclinical studies to support our program goals. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. Scientific accomplishments will be presented internally and externally to the scientific community and discussed with key opinion leaders. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and performs studies with various preclinical assays to evaluate therapeutic agents, pro-actively investigating, improving, or adapting existing methods and techniques as required.
- Monitors proper recording of information and reviews study data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Leverages the work of project members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives on time and within budget.
- Reviews literature and competitive landscape in related fields and identifies new areas of research consistent with strategic direction.
- Works collaboratively in a matrix environment and frequently interacts with senior internal and external colleagues often requiring coordination across multiple functions and groups.
- Presents data, results, and ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Drafts and executes peer reviewed manuscripts, tech reports and patent filings.
- Works under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy. May manage more junior level scientists.
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and is a strong collaborator and team player.
- BS with at least 15 years of experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment OR a MS with at least 10 years of experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment OR a Ph.D. with at least 4 years of post graduate experience in ophthalmology in a pharmaceutical or academic environment is required
- Proven record of scientific publications is preferred
- Experience with primary and immortalized cell culture, in vitro and ex vivo assay development, and molecular biology techniques including western blotting and qPCR is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of eye/ocular disease is required
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is required
- Knowledge of retinal cell biology and experience in the culture and evaluation of retinal cell types is required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- This position may require 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)