Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Marketing Manager, North America (NA) Trauma Regional Marketing –Strategic Portfolio Initiatives
Requisition ID: 2698180925
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Associate Marketing Manager, North America (NA) Trauma Regional Marketing –Strategic Portfolio Initiatives, located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Trauma is the worldwide leader in the development of products to treat orthopaedic trauma and other bone deformities. The company is headquartered in West Chester, PA and Solothurn, Switzerland and employs over 1,000 people worldwide. This career opportunity will support the US downstream marketing of the Trauma product portfolio.
The Associate Marketing Manager, Strategic Portfolio Initiatives will report to a Sr. Marketing Manager or a Director of Marketing. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve US business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis
- Support the development and execution of strategies to protect and grow company’s leadership position in the US market
- Ability to influence without authority and work reciprocally with other functional areas to ensure business issues are addressed
- Ensure strong alignment around company’s business objectives, key strategies, and follow through of business plan
- Implement Inventory Exchange and Rebate Programs, including product utilization analysis, cross-referencing, excess & obsolete (E&O) identification and determining account conversion manufacturing implications.
- Support assessment of prospective customer set requirements
- Execute cross-referencing efforts in support of customer conversions
- Coordinate manufacturing/field asset management requirements and capex allocation
- Contribute to the development of account-specific financial analyses and proposals
- Participate in the development, validation and ongoing enhancement and expansion of tools designed to enable and support the Field Sales Organization (FSO), Contracting & Marketing
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports, clearly communicate findings and follow-up on results
- Collaborate with marketing manager colleagues to develop and execute effective business plans related to business segment / product focus
- Support communication with the US Sales team regarding company strategies, programs and other key initiatives
- Support sales efforts by participating in sales activities aimed at converting or retaining key customers, including occasional travel
- Support key initiatives in the NA region including collaboration with the Medical Devices Strategic Customer Group (SCG), implementation of cross-selling partnerships with other J&J companies and strategic alliances with external partners, upgrading customers to new technologies and obsolescence of older products
- Cultivate positive relationships between marketing and sales teams
- Ensure the organization is meeting customer needs and be a positive agent for change within the organization
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years forward-thinking business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, Product Development, R&D, Operations, Finance and/or a combination of Sales and/or Marketing is required
- Experience in the medical device and/or other healthcare regulated environment is preferred
- Orthopaedic Trauma experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various degrees of complexity and ambiguity is required
- Proven success in project management, which includes planning and execution is required
- The ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization is required
- Proven strategic, financial and analytical capabilities is required
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with wider marketing, operations, compliance, legal, finance, medical and clinical affairs and regulatory organizations is required
This position will be based in West Chester, PA and require up to 20% domestic travel, including occasional weekends.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)