Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Test Engineer Biomechanics
Requisition ID: 2695190424
DePuySynthes is recruiting for a Staff Engineer - Biomechanics, located in Warsaw, IN.
The Staff Engineer will provide professional expertise and knowledge of new product verification testing, biomechanical research, new testing technologies and test methods. The role requires the engineer to be capable of analyzing and critiquing designs in prototype development stages in order to provide a functional test of efficacy. Other requirements include an understanding of mechanics, materials, test standards, biomechanics and orthopedics.
- Lead the test method development and functional testing of current and new orthopedic products.
- Partner with Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, equipment and materials vendors and other team members to develop and execute test protocols, and create technical reports and peer reviewed publications.
- Mentor students and other technical staff.
- Contribute in DFMEAs and PFMEAs.
- Work individually and as part of a team in development projects, leading internal projects with a strong research bias.
- Work in a global team and execute test procedures in line with company/international procedures and specific country requirements to generate data required for the design verification section of product development design history files (DHF).
- Assist with keeping current all departmental work instructions to ensure consistency at both the US and UK Labs.
- Assist with test method validation exercises to ensure compliance with the most current Johnson & Johnson standards.
- Work with other senior staff on advanced testing technology (robotic test equipment, robotic surgical equipment, high speed digital image correlation, advanced cadaver lab data acquisition equipment, tissue testing) as well as seeking out new test technology, equipment and methods.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 5 year’s experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline
- Broad understanding of materials, statics and dynamics.
- Experience with high-speed data acquisition, simulation, robotics, impaction or dimensional analysis is preferred.
- Experience with Matlab, Minitab, or other data analysis tools is preferred.
- At least 3 years related experience with a demonstrated testing focus is preferred (Co-Op experience will be considered).
- Experience with undertaking relatively complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing and translating biomechanical scenarios into complex mechanical test procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with medical device regulations, including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) quality requirements is preferred.
Position may require up to 10% travel including international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)